I am just wondering if anyone does because i have never and maybe i should? The only thing i do is when i use it i let it heat up to clean the cooking grate like you would a grill, I just scrub it with a grill brush and let the heat kill the germs. It doesnt seem dirty inside just a little grease on the bottom and i figure that keeps it from rusting out maybe?
- categoryCharcoal Smokerstagged by System, 5/28/10
Related Forum Threads
- Micro uds? Last post on 7/12/17 at 6:27am in UDS Builds
- Best Beginner Charcoal Smoker Last post on 6/9/17 at 8:05am in Charcoal Smokers
- Cutting "Notch" In WSM Drum For Temp Probe Wires Last post on 4/14/14 at 4:46am in Charcoal Smokers
- My UDS Build Last post on 9/26/13 at 6:21pm in UDS Builds
- Smoking with Wood on a Char Broil Silver Smoker Last post on 8/5/11 at 11:54pm in Wood Smokers
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
Does anyone clean their UDS? and how?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I just take a plastic scraper and get as much of the accumulated grease out of the bottom as I can. And I wipe out the condensation if it gets to be too much as well. I don't get too carried away with it but I try to get as much as I can but leave a little grease coating for rust protection.
I try to keep ash off the bottom as well because as I understand it the ash and moisture are EXTREMELY corrosive.
Sorry I can't help but to laugh.
Since I made mine so that the barrel comes off the bottom to access the ashes, all i have to do is heat it up and any grease that is deeper then the 1/2 tall ash pan, just runs out the cracks. :(
I'm working on a fix, until then its gonna have to sit near the gravel. I actually don't mind this, I think there is less chance of a grease fire if most of the grease is not sitting there in the bottom.
lol well good cause i thought i was the only one not cleaning mine haha i dont think any more than what you guys said is needed, with the ash pan there isnt much mess in mine.
Smoker weed control, this is a first..
I have found that placing an old cookie sheet on my lower rack helps catch most of the drippings and leaves the bottom fairly clean. It's handy to take out and clean also. I brush my grates before cooking and have no problem getting the grates clear of food stuffs..
- Does anyone clean their UDS? and how?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Planning out my first build 15 minutes ago
- › converting to electric 16 minutes ago
- › Is a 2nd generation used MES 40" worth $100? 17 minutes ago
- › Please help. 21 minutes ago
- › Smoking a chicken 39 minutes ago
- › Maverick ET-735 Issues 42 minutes ago
- › Best Charcoal Grill 44 minutes ago
- › no pots hack? 48 minutes ago
- › maverick et 735 51 minutes ago
- › First Chicken Question 56 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ