I am just wondering if anyone does because i have never and maybe i should? The only thing i do is when i use it i let it heat up to clean the cooking grate like you would a grill, I just scrub it with a grill brush and let the heat kill the germs. It doesnt seem dirty inside just a little grease on the bottom and i figure that keeps it from rusting out maybe?
- categoryCharcoal Smokerstagged by System, 5/28/10
Related Forum Threads
- Micro uds? Last post on 9/25/13 at 10:19am in UDS Builds
- Best Beginner Charcoal Smoker Last post on 10/26/14 at 8:23am in Charcoal Smokers
- Cutting "Notch" In WSM Drum For Temp Probe Wires Last post on 4/14/14 at 4:46am in Charcoal Smokers
- My UDS Build Last post on 9/26/13 at 6:21pm in UDS Builds
- Smoking with Wood on a Char Broil Silver Smoker Last post on 8/5/11 at 11:54pm in Wood Smokers
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
I started out on a friends Traegar at work and made the decision to get a pellet smoker, I researched for awhile and was leaning towards the Green Mountain Grill line, I went and checked them out...
Does anyone clean their UDS? and how?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I just take a plastic scraper and get as much of the accumulated grease out of the bottom as I can. And I wipe out the condensation if it gets to be too much as well. I don't get too carried away with it but I try to get as much as I can but leave a little grease coating for rust protection.
I try to keep ash off the bottom as well because as I understand it the ash and moisture are EXTREMELY corrosive.
Sorry I can't help but to laugh.
Since I made mine so that the barrel comes off the bottom to access the ashes, all i have to do is heat it up and any grease that is deeper then the 1/2 tall ash pan, just runs out the cracks. :(
I'm working on a fix, until then its gonna have to sit near the gravel. I actually don't mind this, I think there is less chance of a grease fire if most of the grease is not sitting there in the bottom.
lol well good cause i thought i was the only one not cleaning mine haha i dont think any more than what you guys said is needed, with the ash pan there isnt much mess in mine.
Smoker weed control, this is a first..
I have found that placing an old cookie sheet on my lower rack helps catch most of the drippings and leaves the bottom fairly clean. It's handy to take out and clean also. I brush my grates before cooking and have no problem getting the grates clear of food stuffs..
- Does anyone clean their UDS? and how?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Where the South Carolina Peeps At?? 8 seconds ago
- › brisket failure!!! 5 minutes ago
- › New guy from Alberta 20 minutes ago
- › New guy from Eastern NC 22 minutes ago
- › Weekend smoke 23 minutes ago
- › A couple mods to the AZ BBQ outfitters vertical 35 minutes ago
- › Fire box 46 minutes ago
- › Bresola, and Bear's Eye round Sous Vide project 49 minutes ago
- › No longer amateur upgrading Smoker 56 minutes ago
- › Sausage making question.... 57 minutes ago
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...