I am just wondering if anyone does because i have never and maybe i should? The only thing i do is when i use it i let it heat up to clean the cooking grate like you would a grill, I just scrub it with a grill brush and let the heat kill the germs. It doesnt seem dirty inside just a little grease on the bottom and i figure that keeps it from rusting out maybe?
- categoryCharcoal Smokerstagged by System, 5/28/10
Related Forum Threads
- Micro uds? Last post on 9/25/13 at 10:19am in UDS Builds
- Best Beginner Charcoal Smoker Last post on 10/26/14 at 8:23am in Charcoal Smokers
- Cutting "Notch" In WSM Drum For Temp Probe Wires Last post on 4/14/14 at 4:46am in Charcoal Smokers
- My UDS Build Last post on 9/26/13 at 6:21pm in UDS Builds
- Smoking with Wood on a Char Broil Silver Smoker Last post on 8/5/11 at 11:54pm in Wood Smokers
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
Does anyone clean their UDS? and how?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I just take a plastic scraper and get as much of the accumulated grease out of the bottom as I can. And I wipe out the condensation if it gets to be too much as well. I don't get too carried away with it but I try to get as much as I can but leave a little grease coating for rust protection.
I try to keep ash off the bottom as well because as I understand it the ash and moisture are EXTREMELY corrosive.
Sorry I can't help but to laugh.
Since I made mine so that the barrel comes off the bottom to access the ashes, all i have to do is heat it up and any grease that is deeper then the 1/2 tall ash pan, just runs out the cracks. :(
I'm working on a fix, until then its gonna have to sit near the gravel. I actually don't mind this, I think there is less chance of a grease fire if most of the grease is not sitting there in the bottom.
lol well good cause i thought i was the only one not cleaning mine haha i dont think any more than what you guys said is needed, with the ash pan there isnt much mess in mine.
Smoker weed control, this is a first..
I have found that placing an old cookie sheet on my lower rack helps catch most of the drippings and leaves the bottom fairly clean. It's handy to take out and clean also. I brush my grates before cooking and have no problem getting the grates clear of food stuffs..
- Does anyone clean their UDS? and how?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › LET'S TALK BRISKET!! 2 minutes ago
- › WSM 22.5" lid 16 minutes ago
- › Tri Tip! 18 minutes ago
- › New member in PA 20 minutes ago
- › Sauerkraut 27 minutes ago
- › Salt and pepper Tri tip over post oak 32 minutes ago
- › WSM 14" 43 minutes ago
- › 1st attempt snack sticks and summer sausage....SUCCESS!....IMO 43 minutes ago
- › Help: bought some flavorless bacon 47 minutes ago
- › UDS Plans Needed 56 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman