I am just wondering if anyone does because i have never and maybe i should? The only thing i do is when i use it i let it heat up to clean the cooking grate like you would a grill, I just scrub it with a grill brush and let the heat kill the germs. It doesnt seem dirty inside just a little grease on the bottom and i figure that keeps it from rusting out maybe?
- categoryCharcoal Smokerstagged by System, 5/28/10
Related Forum Threads
- Micro uds? Last post on 9/25/13 at 10:19am in UDS Builds
- Best Beginner Charcoal Smoker Last post on 10/26/14 at 8:23am in Charcoal Smokers
- Cutting "Notch" In WSM Drum For Temp Probe Wires Last post on 4/14/14 at 4:46am in Charcoal Smokers
- My UDS Build Last post on 9/26/13 at 6:21pm in UDS Builds
- Smoking with Wood on a Char Broil Silver Smoker Last post on 8/5/11 at 11:54pm in Wood Smokers
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
Does anyone clean their UDS? and how?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I just take a plastic scraper and get as much of the accumulated grease out of the bottom as I can. And I wipe out the condensation if it gets to be too much as well. I don't get too carried away with it but I try to get as much as I can but leave a little grease coating for rust protection.
I try to keep ash off the bottom as well because as I understand it the ash and moisture are EXTREMELY corrosive.
Sorry I can't help but to laugh.
Since I made mine so that the barrel comes off the bottom to access the ashes, all i have to do is heat it up and any grease that is deeper then the 1/2 tall ash pan, just runs out the cracks. :(
I'm working on a fix, until then its gonna have to sit near the gravel. I actually don't mind this, I think there is less chance of a grease fire if most of the grease is not sitting there in the bottom.
lol well good cause i thought i was the only one not cleaning mine haha i dont think any more than what you guys said is needed, with the ash pan there isnt much mess in mine.
Smoker weed control, this is a first..
I have found that placing an old cookie sheet on my lower rack helps catch most of the drippings and leaves the bottom fairly clean. It's handy to take out and clean also. I brush my grates before cooking and have no problem getting the grates clear of food stuffs..
- Does anyone clean their UDS? and how?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Ribeye Cheesesteaks (Bear Style Open Face) 6 minutes ago
- › Stainless smoker build 9 minutes ago
- › Remember Witts Seasoning? 22 minutes ago
- › 2017 Smokers Weekend 24 minutes ago
- › sausages 30 minutes ago
- › 300lbs in a day 31 minutes ago
- › Cheese and coffee 33 minutes ago
- › First Chuck Roast Smoke (Qview) 36 minutes ago
- › Sous Vide beef back ribs first attempt 36 minutes ago
- › homemade recipes for a finishing sauce? 39 minutes ago
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations