I am just wondering if anyone does because i have never and maybe i should? The only thing i do is when i use it i let it heat up to clean the cooking grate like you would a grill, I just scrub it with a grill brush and let the heat kill the germs. It doesnt seem dirty inside just a little grease on the bottom and i figure that keeps it from rusting out maybe?
- categoryCharcoal Smokerstagged by System, 5/28/10
Related Forum Threads
- Micro uds? Last post on 9/25/13 at 10:19am in UDS Builds
- Best Beginner Charcoal Smoker Last post on 10/26/14 at 8:23am in Charcoal Smokers
- Cutting "Notch" In WSM Drum For Temp Probe Wires Last post on 4/14/14 at 4:46am in Charcoal Smokers
- My UDS Build Last post on 9/26/13 at 6:21pm in UDS Builds
- Smoking with Wood on a Char Broil Silver Smoker Last post on 8/5/11 at 11:54pm in Wood Smokers
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
I agree with everything yamafx4dude said. The box itself is great. Well insulted and large enough for a large family I need to smoke for. However the electronics in this unit suck… DO NOT depend...
This is a nice set it and forget it type of thing. One thing I do want to mention on it...lump coal is not easy to work with on this. Stay with Kingsford. Well made and works like a charm. I am not...
Does anyone clean their UDS? and how?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I just take a plastic scraper and get as much of the accumulated grease out of the bottom as I can. And I wipe out the condensation if it gets to be too much as well. I don't get too carried away with it but I try to get as much as I can but leave a little grease coating for rust protection.
I try to keep ash off the bottom as well because as I understand it the ash and moisture are EXTREMELY corrosive.
Sorry I can't help but to laugh.
Since I made mine so that the barrel comes off the bottom to access the ashes, all i have to do is heat it up and any grease that is deeper then the 1/2 tall ash pan, just runs out the cracks. :(
I'm working on a fix, until then its gonna have to sit near the gravel. I actually don't mind this, I think there is less chance of a grease fire if most of the grease is not sitting there in the bottom.
lol well good cause i thought i was the only one not cleaning mine haha i dont think any more than what you guys said is needed, with the ash pan there isnt much mess in mine.
Smoker weed control, this is a first..
I have found that placing an old cookie sheet on my lower rack helps catch most of the drippings and leaves the bottom fairly clean. It's handy to take out and clean also. I brush my grates before cooking and have no problem getting the grates clear of food stuffs..
- Does anyone clean their UDS? and how?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Small Smoker & Pizza Oven 6 minutes ago
- › Buttermilk Brisket Brine 9 minutes ago
- › The WiFi Anova Drummie cook 14 minutes ago
- › Howdy 16 minutes ago
- › Liver & Onions W/Soy & Lemon 18 minutes ago
- › Vintage Hobart Slicer Restoration 22 minutes ago
- › Moldy brine? 35 minutes ago
- › Building a brick smoker, design phase, need help 35 minutes ago
- › Another New b 35 minutes ago
- › Running times and temps on snack sticks ??? 37 minutes ago
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot