- 8,987 Posts. Joined 10/2009
- Location: Hendertucky, Nv.
- Points: 59
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryLumptagged by System, 5/28/10
Related Forum Threads
- question about lump vs. Stubbs Briqs Last post on 8/8/13 at 12:08am in Charcoal Smokers
- stubbs Last post on 12/11/10 at 11:54pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Lump, Briquettes or Wood for small smokers Last post on 12/2/10 at 2:10pm in Charcoal Smokers
- New WSM 22.5" Arriving Friday - Lump or Briquettes?? Last post on 11/3/10 at 8:46pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Length of time to start smoking after starting lump charcoal Last post on 10/15/10 at 9:05am in Charcoal Smokers
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Royal Oak - Red Bag - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I've tried it in the past with my Char Griller offset, but it never seems to bring it up to temp and doesn't last long. I really want to get it to work, though and am not giving up on it. I use it just like charcoal. Fill the basket, light some in the chimney, put the lit stuff on top.
Is this wrong? Any help on it would be greatly appreciated.
Oh yes, I also built my own closed loop, digitally controlled, stoker fan. You can buy those if you're not the handy type. The stoker helps maintain a constant target temp without too much fuss, muss and constant tending and fiddling around with dampers and such on your part. The stick burning purist on here po po those but I'm a retired engineer and simply couldn't help myself and it hardly cost me anything. Maybe 40 or 50 bucks. Compared to the cost of meat that could get ruined, that's pretty cheap insurance in my book.
Berger Brothers Charcoal
1176 N Cherry Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
+1+1 on the R.O. lump. I started using it when I sent girlfriends daughter to the store for some charcoal in an emergency. She brought back the RO and I have been hooked ever since. It's easy to get in South La. even the grocery stores have it.
Im now down in medford and they carry it regularly. Back in february I bought 6 bags when i was in eugene
in april the super walmart in k falls had it in stock right now im burning hazel nut tree trimmings from the orchards in spfld
I went to one of the local Wall Marts yesterday and they were out. I'm down to a bag and a dribble and have just enough to get though the weekend. I sure hope one of the other local stores has it or they get it back in stock soon. Damn flakey buyers and inventory managers droppin the ball like like that. I don't what to have to resort to Cowboy again.
Red bag and check to see that the country of origin is the USA and not some other place. I think the blue bag is Asia or something.
Even the red bags can be from South America so you have to really look at the bag, not simply choose by the color of the bag alone.
This site has the whole story on lump charcoal. Most folks here who use lump go there to learn all about it. http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm
- Royal Oak - Red Bag
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › My Tri-Tip - Brought over from another site. 12 minutes ago
- › Indian Trail, N.C. guy here, Brand Spankin' New 13 minutes ago
- › 13lbs of Beef Tenderloin 14 minutes ago
- › Smoked a couple birds. 16 minutes ago
- › New member 17 minutes ago
- › New member from Connecticut 18 minutes ago
- › Chicken Cordon Bleu.... ALL YOU GOT ME! 23 minutes ago
- › Vegetarian Pulled Pork 37 minutes ago
- › GMG Jim Bowie 1st Butt Smoke Qview 41 minutes ago
- › Brats and Kraut! 42 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona