New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

grill question??

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
does anyone know what they call the flat iron thing that you put on you grill to blackin meats and fish?? I would like to get one for my grill but i dont know what they are called or where to get one.
post #2 of 13
I'm not sure what you mean.
post #3 of 13
post #4 of 13
I just use a cast iron griddle. They can be bought at Academy or other big sporting goods stores.
post #5 of 13
Or do you mean something like this

A cast iron bacon press. Used a lot on flat top griddles to press food for even browning
post #6 of 13
Its called a grill press. If you want to do the same thing for cheap use a paver brick and tin foil.
post #7 of 13

No Need To Get One

Low And Slow And It Will Have Plenty Of Grill Marks And Blackining , I Found After 6-10 Hours Its Perrty As It Gets
post #8 of 13
Thread Starter 
yes this is exactly what i am looking for thanks!!!
post #9 of 13
You're very welcome, glad I could help.biggrin.gif
post #10 of 13
how does this griddle blacken the meat

looks like a nice add-on for bacon and eggs
post #11 of 13
Hhmmm, smoked pancakes......
post #12 of 13
Thread Starter 
get it real hot but some blacking magic on the meat and throw iy on
post #13 of 13
one more question

what is blacking majic

I checked out the griddles today at the local BBQ store, very nice put pricey
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Grilling Tips