I just went to my local Lowes (Canada) and the new version of this must be different again...You can screw a natural gas BBQ line right on to the valve extension now...I didn't get to look at the orifice but drilling seems to be an easy option. $179 cnd.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Chips, Chunks or Pellets? Last post on 3/29/13 at 2:33pm in Woods for Smoking
- Master Forge and fish fryer Last post on 2/20/12 at 5:18pm in Propane Smokers
- Newbie With A Master Forge Propane Smoker Last post on 12/14/14 at 9:53am in Propane Smokers
- Master Forge Smoker Last post on 5/4/10 at 1:19pm in Propane Smokers
- Master Forge smoker at Lowes Last post on 12/26/12 at 10:51am in Propane Smokers
Last edited: 9/29/13
- Overview Understanding Propane Gas SystemsLast edited: 4/29/11
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
I agree with everything yamafx4dude said. The box itself is great. Well insulted and large enough for a large family I need to smoke for. However the electronics in this unit suck… DO NOT depend...
This is a nice set it and forget it type of thing. One thing I do want to mention on it...lump coal is not easy to work with on this. Stay with Kingsford. Well made and works like a charm. I am not...
- Overview Understanding Propane Gas Systems
Lowes Dual-door Master Forge Smoker to natural gas - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Picked up this smoker this week on sale for $139 cnd...Found a free used hose, drill out the orifice and had it seasoned. The only thing I am not sure of now is the temp. I have ordered a probe thermometer to use but the door thermometer would only show this thing getting up to 280 - 290 on high for an hour...how hot should this smoker get on NG? I drill to 3/16 should I go bigger yet (the flame looks good)? Looking forward to sealing the doors and running this all summer :)
I realize this is a bit of a thread necro, but I just purchased this unit and noticed it's changed a bit and it's much easier to convert to NG now. I've attached some pics to show the differences
First thing; you no longer need to buy any additional fittings. They've attached a black feeder tube that ends in a 3/8 flare.
You can now directly attach a NG conversion kit hose to the feeder tube using the flare fitting end. It's a piece of cake.
You'll need to remove the black steel support plate and the brass bracket to access the valve orifice
You can see in the next pic, I've reattached the support and feeder tub and it's directly attached to the NG line. You don't even need to buy any teflon tape anymore. Literally all you need is a drill and bit.
- Lowes Dual-door Master Forge Smoker to natural gas
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Once again Seriously this time. 1 minute ago
- › Just picked up 25 pounds of meat 2 minutes ago
- › First Ribeye Roast QView 5 minutes ago
- › Cleaning a Cast Iron Pan - Using water and electricity 7 minutes ago
- › The WiFi Anova Drummie cook 8 minutes ago
- › Not bacon, but like the guidance I get from here 9 minutes ago
- › More potato sausage 9 minutes ago
- › Just ordered..... 12 minutes ago
- › Brisket Flat in MES with QView 15 minutes ago
- › charcoal only on a propane grill? 20 minutes ago
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot