I just went to my local Lowes (Canada) and the new version of this must be different again...You can screw a natural gas BBQ line right on to the valve extension now...I didn't get to look at the orifice but drilling seems to be an easy option. $179 cnd.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Chips, Chunks or Pellets? Last post on 3/29/13 at 2:33pm in Woods for Smoking
- Master Forge and fish fryer Last post on 2/20/12 at 5:18pm in Propane Smokers
- Newbie With A Master Forge Propane Smoker Last post on 12/14/14 at 9:53am in Propane Smokers
- Master Forge Smoker Last post on 5/4/10 at 1:19pm in Propane Smokers
- Master Forge smoker at Lowes Last post on 12/26/12 at 10:51am in Propane Smokers
Last edited: 9/29/13
- Overview Understanding Propane Gas SystemsLast edited: 4/29/11
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
- Overview Understanding Propane Gas Systems
Lowes Dual-door Master Forge Smoker to natural gas - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Picked up this smoker this week on sale for $139 cnd...Found a free used hose, drill out the orifice and had it seasoned. The only thing I am not sure of now is the temp. I have ordered a probe thermometer to use but the door thermometer would only show this thing getting up to 280 - 290 on high for an hour...how hot should this smoker get on NG? I drill to 3/16 should I go bigger yet (the flame looks good)? Looking forward to sealing the doors and running this all summer :)
I realize this is a bit of a thread necro, but I just purchased this unit and noticed it's changed a bit and it's much easier to convert to NG now. I've attached some pics to show the differences
First thing; you no longer need to buy any additional fittings. They've attached a black feeder tube that ends in a 3/8 flare.
You can now directly attach a NG conversion kit hose to the feeder tube using the flare fitting end. It's a piece of cake.
You'll need to remove the black steel support plate and the brass bracket to access the valve orifice
You can see in the next pic, I've reattached the support and feeder tub and it's directly attached to the NG line. You don't even need to buy any teflon tape anymore. Literally all you need is a drill and bit.
- Lowes Dual-door Master Forge Smoker to natural gas
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Using Hondashi as part of a dry brine/cure? 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › New smoker in Indiana 3 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Excessive condensation during a cook 4 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Any idea what type of ribs these are? 4 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › UMAI Bag Sizes 4 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Butt cooking to fast? 5 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Comparison of Pork Butt done 2 ways 5 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › wish they had more than 3 bags 5 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Green Mountain Grill Davy Crockett? 5 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › QUESTIONS for you MES30/40 users 6 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods