I just went to my local Lowes (Canada) and the new version of this must be different again...You can screw a natural gas BBQ line right on to the valve extension now...I didn't get to look at the orifice but drilling seems to be an easy option. $179 cnd.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Chips, Chunks or Pellets? Last post on 3/29/13 at 2:33pm in Woods for Smoking
- Master Forge and fish fryer Last post on 2/20/12 at 5:18pm in Propane Smokers
- Newbie With A Master Forge Propane Smoker Last post on 12/14/14 at 9:53am in Propane Smokers
- Master Forge Smoker Last post on 5/4/10 at 1:19pm in Propane Smokers
- Master Forge smoker at Lowes Last post on 12/26/12 at 10:51am in Propane Smokers
Last edited: 9/29/13
- Overview Understanding Propane Gas SystemsLast edited: 4/29/11
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
- Overview Understanding Propane Gas Systems
Lowes Dual-door Master Forge Smoker to natural gas - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Picked up this smoker this week on sale for $139 cnd...Found a free used hose, drill out the orifice and had it seasoned. The only thing I am not sure of now is the temp. I have ordered a probe thermometer to use but the door thermometer would only show this thing getting up to 280 - 290 on high for an hour...how hot should this smoker get on NG? I drill to 3/16 should I go bigger yet (the flame looks good)? Looking forward to sealing the doors and running this all summer :)
I realize this is a bit of a thread necro, but I just purchased this unit and noticed it's changed a bit and it's much easier to convert to NG now. I've attached some pics to show the differences
First thing; you no longer need to buy any additional fittings. They've attached a black feeder tube that ends in a 3/8 flare.
You can now directly attach a NG conversion kit hose to the feeder tube using the flare fitting end. It's a piece of cake.
You'll need to remove the black steel support plate and the brass bracket to access the valve orifice
You can see in the next pic, I've reattached the support and feeder tub and it's directly attached to the NG line. You don't even need to buy any teflon tape anymore. Literally all you need is a drill and bit.
- Lowes Dual-door Master Forge Smoker to natural gas
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Best Smoker for my needs? Need your thoughts and input! 8 minutes ago
- › 275 gallon tank smoker 10 minutes ago
- › Yeti Resting 13 minutes ago
- › Happy Birthday Cfarmer! 14 minutes ago
- › Smoking dried red peppers 15 minutes ago
- › New Member From Indiana 15 minutes ago
- › Thanks for Smoking' hot advice 18 minutes ago
- › First Post: Smoked Top Sirloin w/ Q-VIEW!!!!! 23 minutes ago
- › Cleaning out my RF Smoker 26 minutes ago
- › Stainless Steel Freezer for Smoker Build (Lower Price) 38 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona