I just went to my local Lowes (Canada) and the new version of this must be different again...You can screw a natural gas BBQ line right on to the valve extension now...I didn't get to look at the orifice but drilling seems to be an easy option. $179 cnd.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Chips, Chunks or Pellets? Last post on 3/29/13 at 2:33pm in Woods for Smoking
- Master Forge and fish fryer Last post on 2/20/12 at 5:18pm in Propane Smokers
- Newbie With A Master Forge Propane Smoker Last post on 12/14/14 at 9:53am in Propane Smokers
- Master Forge Smoker Last post on 5/4/10 at 1:19pm in Propane Smokers
- Master Forge smoker at Lowes Last post on 12/26/12 at 10:51am in Propane Smokers
Last edited: 9/29/13
- Overview Understanding Propane Gas SystemsLast edited: 4/29/11
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
I started out on a friends Traegar at work and made the decision to get a pellet smoker, I researched for awhile and was leaning towards the Green Mountain Grill line, I went and checked them out...
- Overview Understanding Propane Gas Systems
Lowes Dual-door Master Forge Smoker to natural gas - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Picked up this smoker this week on sale for $139 cnd...Found a free used hose, drill out the orifice and had it seasoned. The only thing I am not sure of now is the temp. I have ordered a probe thermometer to use but the door thermometer would only show this thing getting up to 280 - 290 on high for an hour...how hot should this smoker get on NG? I drill to 3/16 should I go bigger yet (the flame looks good)? Looking forward to sealing the doors and running this all summer :)
I realize this is a bit of a thread necro, but I just purchased this unit and noticed it's changed a bit and it's much easier to convert to NG now. I've attached some pics to show the differences
First thing; you no longer need to buy any additional fittings. They've attached a black feeder tube that ends in a 3/8 flare.
You can now directly attach a NG conversion kit hose to the feeder tube using the flare fitting end. It's a piece of cake.
You'll need to remove the black steel support plate and the brass bracket to access the valve orifice
You can see in the next pic, I've reattached the support and feeder tub and it's directly attached to the NG line. You don't even need to buy any teflon tape anymore. Literally all you need is a drill and bit.
- Lowes Dual-door Master Forge Smoker to natural gas
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Hi-Temp JBWeld repair 11 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt ThermoTemp XL - model 20051316 16 minutes ago
- › Lump Charcoal On SALE at Home Depot 20 minutes ago
- › How often do you fire up your smoker? 38 minutes ago
- › Back in the game! 44 minutes ago
- › Savory Stuffed Pork Loin 44 minutes ago
- › Is 5/16" steel pipe manageable? 49 minutes ago
- › Old Family Sage sausage Recipe 52 minutes ago
- › How to add charcoal 56 minutes ago
- › Sausage making question.... 58 minutes ago
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...