I just went to my local Lowes (Canada) and the new version of this must be different again...You can screw a natural gas BBQ line right on to the valve extension now...I didn't get to look at the orifice but drilling seems to be an easy option. $179 cnd.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Chips, Chunks or Pellets? Last post on 3/29/13 at 2:33pm in Woods for Smoking
- Master Forge and fish fryer Last post on 2/20/12 at 5:18pm in Propane Smokers
- Newbie With A Master Forge Propane Smoker Last post on 12/14/14 at 9:53am in Propane Smokers
- Master Forge Smoker Last post on 5/4/10 at 1:19pm in Propane Smokers
- Master Forge smoker at Lowes Last post on 12/26/12 at 10:51am in Propane Smokers
Last edited: 9/29/13
- Overview Understanding Propane Gas SystemsLast edited: 4/29/11
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
- Overview Understanding Propane Gas Systems
Lowes Dual-door Master Forge Smoker to natural gas - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Picked up this smoker this week on sale for $139 cnd...Found a free used hose, drill out the orifice and had it seasoned. The only thing I am not sure of now is the temp. I have ordered a probe thermometer to use but the door thermometer would only show this thing getting up to 280 - 290 on high for an hour...how hot should this smoker get on NG? I drill to 3/16 should I go bigger yet (the flame looks good)? Looking forward to sealing the doors and running this all summer :)
I realize this is a bit of a thread necro, but I just purchased this unit and noticed it's changed a bit and it's much easier to convert to NG now. I've attached some pics to show the differences
First thing; you no longer need to buy any additional fittings. They've attached a black feeder tube that ends in a 3/8 flare.
You can now directly attach a NG conversion kit hose to the feeder tube using the flare fitting end. It's a piece of cake.
You'll need to remove the black steel support plate and the brass bracket to access the valve orifice
You can see in the next pic, I've reattached the support and feeder tub and it's directly attached to the NG line. You don't even need to buy any teflon tape anymore. Literally all you need is a drill and bit.
- Lowes Dual-door Master Forge Smoker to natural gas
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Char Siu Rib Tips 1 minute ago
- › Bought a Traeger Pro Series 34 3 minutes ago
- › New guy, from England 9 minutes ago
- › JULY 2017 Red White & Blue Throwdown 15 minutes ago
- › Intake issues with Oklahoma Joe's Highland 26 minutes ago
- › Brisket and Burnt Ends Inconsistency 26 minutes ago
- › chicken kefta sausage 36 minutes ago
- › Boneless beef short ribs 42 minutes ago
- › Can't get smoke at 225 degrees 50 minutes ago
- › Chuck roast safety question 51 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ