My local Steel supply wanted 426.00 for a sheet, the local hardware store/homedepot lowes all have 18 gauge, which is way too light. I will try a metal or welding shop. Thanks Guys
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBrinkmanntagged by System, 10/17/10
- productBrinkmann 810-5301-C Smoke-N-Grill Charcoal Smoker and Grilltagged by System, 10/17/10
- brandGrilltagged by System, 10/17/10
- categoryGrillstagged by System, 10/17/10
- categorySmokerstagged by System, 10/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- 1st time smoker - temp problems with my Brinkman Smoke N Grill Last post on 7/26/17 at 7:59am in Charcoal Smokers
- Question regarding Brinkmann charcoal Smoke 'N Grill Last post on 1/7/12 at 2:39pm in Charcoal Smokers
- water pans for Brinkmann smoke n grill Last post on 5/19/10 at 6:26pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Question about Brinkmann Smok N Grill Charcol smoker. Last post on 8/16/11 at 8:03pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Brinkman Smoke N Grill Last post on 12/9/09 at 5:43pm in Charcoal Smokers
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
Brinkman Smoke n grill problems - Page 2
post #21 of 40
6/14/12 at 6:17pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #22 of 40
7/6/13 at 10:39am
post #23 of 40
7/6/13 at 8:01pm
post #24 of 40
7/4/17 at 9:45am
post #25 of 40
7/4/17 at 9:49am
Then drill holes in a 15 inch tabletop kettle grill. Dozens of them.. on sides and bottom. And use that inside the bushel basket. I actually used more holes than this pic.
post #26 of 40
7/4/17 at 9:50am
post #27 of 40
7/4/17 at 9:54am
post #28 of 40
7/4/17 at 10:01am
post #29 of 40
7/4/17 at 10:04am
The body sits on the base fine. You may have to tweak it and get it to where you want it even. I use my foot on top of a leg of the base to hold it down as I lift up on the 2 handles to remove the body when I need to.
post #30 of 40
7/4/17 at 10:05am
Nice, I like that mod! Nice job. Not sure that I've even seen a steel bushel basket around here, but i will check my local true value! Thanks for sharing,even though it is an old topic!
post #31 of 40
7/4/17 at 10:06am
post #32 of 40
7/4/17 at 10:09am
I put a vent on top and used a threaded pipe for the probe wires to go into the smoker. It has nuts on the inside and out. That was from the lamp repair section of the hardware store. Also I used a rope gasket from a fireplace n stove shop with RTV sealant around the lid to close that big gap.
post #33 of 40
7/4/17 at 10:15am
I'm at 227° now on the grate. It's been 9 hours into this brisket smoke. I jiggled the coal pan after 8 hours just to shake out some ash. It's still going.. dampers are just cracked. Not much wind and it's 75 outside. I'm happy with these mods.. Maybe could use a Party Q to help with air flow. But they cost 3x more than what I have into this ECB.
post #34 of 40
7/4/17 at 11:16am
post #35 of 40
7/4/17 at 11:21am
post #36 of 40
7/4/17 at 1:55pm
post #37 of 40
7/4/17 at 2:01pm
post #38 of 40
7/4/17 at 2:37pm
post #39 of 40
7/4/17 at 4:38pm
- Brinkman Smoke n grill problems
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 452 Active Users (2 Members and 450 Guests)
- › Green tint on Smoked Back Bacon 27 minutes ago
- › Newbie from Aberdeen 29 minutes ago
- › Brisket for 25 People 40 minutes ago
- › Can you brine Turkey and Chicken together? 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Replace Camp Chef controller with PID 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Greetings from Malaysia 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Central Pa Weekend Warrior 2 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › Smoked chicken pot pie 2 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Homemade English muffins-made on a flat top!! step by step, w/qview 2 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › pizza in the camp chef. 3 hours ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods