Steve unless you own a sheetmetal shop or you have a real good friend that does, there is no way you will build this:
• Inside cabinet construction is stainless.
• Stainless steel door with window outer construction, and door seal.
• powder coat steel outer construction
• Thermostatically controlled for a perfect temperature every time; temperature ranges from 100º to 275ºF
• Push button precision digital control panel
• 0-24 hour digital timer with auto shut-off
• Built in meat probe
• Internal light
• Side loading wood chip tray (prevents having to open the door and lose heat to add wood).
• 100% insulated for energy efficient cooking
• Air damper for better smoke control
• Adjustable door latch
• Four smoking stainless racks allow ample room for turkey, sausage, chicken, ham, pork, fish, jerky, vegetables & more
• 40” (3.4 cu. ft.) of cooking area
• Stainless Steel heavy duty water pan
• Stainless Steel heavy duty interior drip tray
• Heavy Coated rear-mounted grease pan
• Adjustable mounting feet.
• 1200 watt 120v heat element
By the time you acquire all the above components and controls, paying shipping and your time spent just locating stuff. Plus the time necessary for construction and assembly, you can't touch the above for $300.
You would be be better off with a fridge conversion.
There is a Home Depot in Kamloops, see if they have one, or would be willing to get one shipped to their store.
Also call Masterbuilt and find out other outlets for their products and see what you can turn up.