- 2,246 Posts. Joined 6/2005
- Location: Sapulpa (Pretty Water), OK
- Points: 56
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Charcoal basket Last post on 7/14/10 at 1:07am in Info and Practices
- Could I use Wood Instead of Charcoal? Last post on 6/9/14 at 11:25am in Charcoal Smokers
- Cheap, easy charcoal basket Last post on 1/26/15 at 9:50pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Charcoal Basket Last post on 4/13/10 at 2:04pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Charcoal Basket Last post on 8/24/08 at 12:21am in Charcoal Smokers
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
I call it the 20/20 Charcoal basket... - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I regret to report that my 20/20 basket bit the dust. After roughly 100 hours of smoking, the center got a hole in it. I tried to bend it back and most of the bottom was super brittle and broke off in my hands.
not sure but i don't think it was anything hard core........i got it from the depot.
I think I'm going to leave that last post alone as I'm still new here and that was just too funny. Besides, I'm in the middle of smoking my first chuck and have had a few beers :)
Thank you so much ! I've been thinking this project way to much and it was getting out of control. I'm gonna do this mod. Its exactly what I was looking to do.
Thanks again. And for the $ saved by goingthis way.
This is an easy mod and a great way to build one. Here's a couple other methods to add..... just use the one that suits your smoker and your mechanical ability best best.
Thanks for this, I can't wait to try my basket out. I just bought my first smoker last weekend ( a small cheapo horizontal offset), and the "charcaol grate" it came with has spaces about an inch wide, so my coals tended to fall through easily, leading to my fire basically sitting right on the bottom of the box. I was still able to do a seasoning run though, then topped it up with some more coals and smoked a fatty!! Going to try the basket out this weekend, perhaps another fatty or a chicken.
I know this thread is old, but I have been looking for an easy way to make a charcoal box and this did the trick. It was my first mod to my new offset smoker and I'm loving it. I spent less than 20 bucks at Home Depot and about 10 minutes fabrication time. It took me longer in Home Depot to find where they keep them than it did to make the box.
Super impressed and I got the 3/4" flat expanded just like the tutorial showed.
This thing holds slightly more than the medium sized bag of kingsford. I put a whole bag in and then topped it off with some left over lump charcoal I had before doing the Minion Method and getting a nice long smoke. (I did take my propane torch and burn off all the oils and such first...)
Again, awesome. This is the kind of stuff I joined this forum for.
- I call it the 20/20 Charcoal basket...
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Morning, total rookie here in the smoking world. 19 minutes ago
- › 500 Gallon Reverse Flow heating issues 20 minutes ago
- › I need some help very badly (getting thin blue line of smoke) 45 minutes ago
- › Assassin Grill/Smoker...Slowly Smoking the Competition! 46 minutes ago
- › Smoking veggies 50 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt "Cold Smoker" unit 1 hour ago
- › Hey y'all from middle Georgia!! 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Pepper & Garlic jerky 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › New smoker stick for Cookshack? 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › LOBSTER AU GRATIN for dinner, last night & tonight 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ