- 325 Posts. Joined 2/2010
- Location: winona mn
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Ribs: Wet, Dry, Sweet, Spicy... Something For Everyone Last post on 9/30/13 at 4:27pm in Pork
- bison ribs? Last post on 6/27/13 at 2:29pm in Beef
- weber stinks Last post on 8/29/10 at 8:37pm in UDS Builds
- My full MES Last post on 6/12/10 at 9:37am in Pork
- rib rub Last post on 6/25/09 at 10:59am in Sauces, Rubs & Marinades
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
I agree with everything yamafx4dude said. The box itself is great. Well insulted and large enough for a large family I need to smoke for. However the electronics in this unit suck… DO NOT depend...
This is a nice set it and forget it type of thing. One thing I do want to mention on it...lump coal is not easy to work with on this. Stay with Kingsford. Well made and works like a charm. I am not...
rib rubpost #1 of 72/24/10 at 11:54amThread StarterGonna smoke some ribs today and, i wanna try a new rub anyone got a good rub they would be willing to share. I do like a little kick to my ribs. Thanks in advance.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 72/24/10 at 12:14pmpost #3 of 72/24/10 at 12:15pmI use a fairly standard rub that gets decent reviews from the wife and kids.
fresh ground pepper
Adjust the chili powder and cayene to taste and you can also add dry pepper flakes for a bit more of a kick.post #4 of 72/24/10 at 2:13pmI don't have any measurements for my rub, but it's contents are:
Fresh cracked pepper
Allspicepost #5 of 72/24/10 at 2:21pmpost #6 of 72/24/10 at 4:35pmpost #7 of 712/10/11 at 6:19pm
I do mine in parts this last time I use 1/4 cup so when I say parts you can use any measuring device you need to or find.
1 part Brown Sugar
1 part Papirika
1 part Chilli Powder
1 part Black Pepper
1 part Kosher Salt
1 part Cumin,Onion Powder, Cayenne, Galric Salt, dash of Ginger all these spices equal one part
Add more Cayenne for more heat
When I use this rub I grab a few extra hot mustard packets from a fast food Chineese place here in town (or any mustard will work) and rub the meat down with mustard and sprinkel the rub on the meat let it sit over night in the refirdgerator and smoke the next day
- rib rub
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › Brand new and in need of help! 21 minutes ago
- › 240V elements fed 120v Wattage comment 39 minutes ago
- › 500 gal propane tank reverse flow smoker 2nd smoker i have built 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Australian Brisket - with Q-View! 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Why the Small Cubes??? 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Back Ribs Foil Ingredients 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Buttermilk Brisket Brine 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › The WiFi Anova Drummie cook 2 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Food Proofer Conversion is happeneing 2 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Hello! 3 hours, 1 minute ago
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot