- 354 Posts. Joined 2/2010
- Location: winona mn
- Points: 11
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Ribs: Wet, Dry, Sweet, Spicy... Something For Everyone Last post on 9/30/13 at 4:27pm in Pork
- bison ribs? Last post on 6/27/13 at 2:29pm in Beef
- weber stinks Last post on 8/29/10 at 8:37pm in UDS Builds
- My full MES Last post on 6/12/10 at 9:37am in Pork
- rib rub Last post on 6/25/09 at 10:59am in Sauces, Rubs & Marinades
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
rib rubpost #1 of 72/24/10 at 11:54amThread StarterGonna smoke some ribs today and, i wanna try a new rub anyone got a good rub they would be willing to share. I do like a little kick to my ribs. Thanks in advance.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 72/24/10 at 12:14pmpost #3 of 72/24/10 at 12:15pmI use a fairly standard rub that gets decent reviews from the wife and kids.
fresh ground pepper
Adjust the chili powder and cayene to taste and you can also add dry pepper flakes for a bit more of a kick.post #4 of 72/24/10 at 2:13pmI don't have any measurements for my rub, but it's contents are:
Fresh cracked pepper
Allspicepost #5 of 72/24/10 at 2:21pmpost #6 of 72/24/10 at 4:35pmpost #7 of 712/10/11 at 6:19pm
I do mine in parts this last time I use 1/4 cup so when I say parts you can use any measuring device you need to or find.
1 part Brown Sugar
1 part Papirika
1 part Chilli Powder
1 part Black Pepper
1 part Kosher Salt
1 part Cumin,Onion Powder, Cayenne, Galric Salt, dash of Ginger all these spices equal one part
Add more Cayenne for more heat
When I use this rub I grab a few extra hot mustard packets from a fast food Chineese place here in town (or any mustard will work) and rub the meat down with mustard and sprinkel the rub on the meat let it sit over night in the refirdgerator and smoke the next day
- rib rub
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › Fresh air intake 1 minute ago
- › Hoosier here. 13 minutes ago
- › Clueless in San Diego 15 minutes ago
- › Grinder plate 31 minutes ago
- › Saying hello with a question 35 minutes ago
- › New to this page from Illinois 39 minutes ago
- › Finally Signed up 41 minutes ago
- › Beef ribs, AKA "Dino bones" in the smoker. Done! Q view up! 42 minutes ago
- › Brown sugar cure 44 minutes ago
- › Newbie from Southern Maryland. 48 minutes ago
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives