- 358 Posts. Joined 2/2010
- Location: winona mn
- Points: 11
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Ribs: Wet, Dry, Sweet, Spicy... Something For Everyone Last post on 9/30/13 at 4:27pm in Pork
- bison ribs? Last post on 6/27/13 at 2:29pm in Beef
- weber stinks Last post on 8/29/10 at 8:37pm in UDS Builds
- My full MES Last post on 6/12/10 at 9:37am in Pork
- rib rub Last post on 6/25/09 at 10:59am in Sauces, Rubs & Marinades
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
Bout the version built for cabelas called Masterbuilt Sportsman Elite. Listen, it's supposed to be a smoker, but really, it's grill, no, an oven, that's it. I've used it several times now in order...
Just purchased this unit a few weeks ago have only used it 3 time and just the love the way to cooks. Real easy to keep temps and the smoke box is huge.
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
rib rubpost #1 of 72/24/10 at 11:54amThread StarterGonna smoke some ribs today and, i wanna try a new rub anyone got a good rub they would be willing to share. I do like a little kick to my ribs. Thanks in advance.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 72/24/10 at 12:14pmpost #3 of 72/24/10 at 12:15pmI use a fairly standard rub that gets decent reviews from the wife and kids.
fresh ground pepper
Adjust the chili powder and cayene to taste and you can also add dry pepper flakes for a bit more of a kick.post #4 of 72/24/10 at 2:13pmI don't have any measurements for my rub, but it's contents are:
Fresh cracked pepper
Allspicepost #5 of 72/24/10 at 2:21pmpost #6 of 72/24/10 at 4:35pmpost #7 of 712/10/11 at 6:19pm
I do mine in parts this last time I use 1/4 cup so when I say parts you can use any measuring device you need to or find.
1 part Brown Sugar
1 part Papirika
1 part Chilli Powder
1 part Black Pepper
1 part Kosher Salt
1 part Cumin,Onion Powder, Cayenne, Galric Salt, dash of Ginger all these spices equal one part
Add more Cayenne for more heat
When I use this rub I grab a few extra hot mustard packets from a fast food Chineese place here in town (or any mustard will work) and rub the meat down with mustard and sprinkel the rub on the meat let it sit over night in the refirdgerator and smoke the next day
- rib rub
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › Northern Cali Rookie Smoker 3 minutes ago
- › Sous Vide Pork Chops 7 minutes ago
- › Remember The Fallen !! 7 minutes ago
- › IT'S TIIIIIIMMME!!!!!!! FINALLY BUILDING MY REVERSE FLOW!! 9 minutes ago
- › Thermoworks DOT Problem 14 minutes ago
- › New to MES smoking, quick question 16 minutes ago
- › Smoked Salad Dressing 22 minutes ago
- › Hello all. 22 minutes ago
- › Wife decided she wanted a brisket..... 23 minutes ago
- › Pork shoulder smoke any help appreciated 24 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by Travelbilly
- › Helotes Salado Smoker by ShutterlyExpose
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer