- 359 Posts. Joined 2/2010
- Location: winona mn
- Points: 12
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Ribs: Wet, Dry, Sweet, Spicy... Something For Everyone Last post on 9/30/13 at 4:27pm in Pork
- bison ribs? Last post on 6/27/13 at 2:29pm in Beef
- weber stinks Last post on 8/29/10 at 8:37pm in UDS Builds
- My full MES Last post on 6/12/10 at 9:37am in Pork
- rib rub Last post on 6/25/09 at 10:59am in Sauces, Rubs & Marinades
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
rib rubpost #1 of 72/24/10 at 11:54amThread StarterGonna smoke some ribs today and, i wanna try a new rub anyone got a good rub they would be willing to share. I do like a little kick to my ribs. Thanks in advance.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 72/24/10 at 12:14pmpost #3 of 72/24/10 at 12:15pmI use a fairly standard rub that gets decent reviews from the wife and kids.
fresh ground pepper
Adjust the chili powder and cayene to taste and you can also add dry pepper flakes for a bit more of a kick.post #4 of 72/24/10 at 2:13pmI don't have any measurements for my rub, but it's contents are:
Fresh cracked pepper
Allspicepost #5 of 72/24/10 at 2:21pmpost #6 of 72/24/10 at 4:35pmpost #7 of 712/10/11 at 6:19pm
I do mine in parts this last time I use 1/4 cup so when I say parts you can use any measuring device you need to or find.
1 part Brown Sugar
1 part Papirika
1 part Chilli Powder
1 part Black Pepper
1 part Kosher Salt
1 part Cumin,Onion Powder, Cayenne, Galric Salt, dash of Ginger all these spices equal one part
Add more Cayenne for more heat
When I use this rub I grab a few extra hot mustard packets from a fast food Chineese place here in town (or any mustard will work) and rub the meat down with mustard and sprinkel the rub on the meat let it sit over night in the refirdgerator and smoke the next day
- rib rub
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › Ground Formed Bacon Money shot 1 minute ago
- › Doing my first smoke this weekend 1 minute ago
- › Tasso, Two Kinds! 2 minutes ago
- › First brisket. Thanks all!! 7 minutes ago
- › London Broil, Three Stepping It's Way On to My Plate 26 minutes ago
- › Roll Call 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Hello 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › First fatty 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Smokewood Shack 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › ANNETTE 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ