- 325 Posts. Joined 2/2010
- Location: winona mn
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Ribs: Wet, Dry, Sweet, Spicy... Something For Everyone Last post on 9/30/13 at 4:27pm in Pork
- bison ribs? Last post on 6/27/13 at 2:29pm in Beef
- weber stinks Last post on 8/29/10 at 8:37pm in UDS Builds
- My full MES Last post on 6/12/10 at 9:37am in Pork
- rib rub Last post on 6/25/09 at 10:59am in Sauces, Rubs & Marinades
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
rib rubpost #1 of 72/24/10 at 11:54amThread StarterGonna smoke some ribs today and, i wanna try a new rub anyone got a good rub they would be willing to share. I do like a little kick to my ribs. Thanks in advance.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 72/24/10 at 12:14pmpost #3 of 72/24/10 at 12:15pmI use a fairly standard rub that gets decent reviews from the wife and kids.
fresh ground pepper
Adjust the chili powder and cayene to taste and you can also add dry pepper flakes for a bit more of a kick.post #4 of 72/24/10 at 2:13pmI don't have any measurements for my rub, but it's contents are:
Fresh cracked pepper
Allspicepost #5 of 72/24/10 at 2:21pmpost #6 of 72/24/10 at 4:35pmpost #7 of 712/10/11 at 6:19pm
I do mine in parts this last time I use 1/4 cup so when I say parts you can use any measuring device you need to or find.
1 part Brown Sugar
1 part Papirika
1 part Chilli Powder
1 part Black Pepper
1 part Kosher Salt
1 part Cumin,Onion Powder, Cayenne, Galric Salt, dash of Ginger all these spices equal one part
Add more Cayenne for more heat
When I use this rub I grab a few extra hot mustard packets from a fast food Chineese place here in town (or any mustard will work) and rub the meat down with mustard and sprinkel the rub on the meat let it sit over night in the refirdgerator and smoke the next day
- rib rub
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › Gator Bait 3 minutes ago
- › Cord n blu's. 6 minutes ago
- › FIRST COOL DAY, GOTTA FIRE UP THE LANG! 16 minutes ago
- › Chicken Cordon Bleu my first time 17 minutes ago
- › New smoker 24 minutes ago
- › It's what's for dinner 26 minutes ago
- › Anaheim ABT"s with Bacos for extra bacon 28 minutes ago
- › Whole pig (with pics!) 38 minutes ago
- › Fresh steelhead 40 minutes ago
- › 275 gallon tank smoker 42 minutes ago
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman