- 81 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Location: Iowa
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicChickentagged by System, 9/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Getting High Temp in WSM Last post on 1/22/15 at 6:16am in Poultry
- Last minute ribs and chicken Last post on 11/30/13 at 4:42pm in Pork
- My Favorite. Whole Chicken Last post on 11/24/13 at 6:43pm in Poultry
- Smoking Chicken Last post on 11/20/13 at 7:53am in Roll Call
- Chicken and Pork Tamales... Last post on 11/22/13 at 4:20am in General Discussion
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
Need a Wing Sauce Please!post #1 of 342/7/10 at 10:59amThread StarterHaving a little get together at the house today and my son was wanting hot wings, I picked up some wings and now need a sauce recipe. Anyone have and ideas? Thanks for your help!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 342/7/10 at 11:05amI keep mine pretty simple...what I like to do is take a stick of real butter and melt it, dump in a bottle of Frank's Red Hot Sauce, mix and heat. Deep fry wings and toss them in sauce. Simple, but good.post #3 of 342/7/10 at 11:16amYou posted my recipe for everyone to see it?!?!?
The good thing with wings is you can fry them, bake them (usually what I do to try and keep the calories down some), grill them or smoke them. All are great!post #4 of 342/7/10 at 11:18amYou can't go wrong with the traditional butter + hot sauce recipe, however, I also like to sweeten things up just a bit by adding some BBQ sauce and/or sugar to my wing sauce.
Beautiful thing about hot wings is they taste good no matter what you slather on them, so have a little fun and experiment.post #5 of 342/7/10 at 11:21amThread Starterpost #6 of 342/7/10 at 11:28am+1 on the Frank's Hot Sauce and butter. I drizzle olive oil on the wings then dust them with 2 parts gran. garlic, 2 parts sea salt, 3 parts pepper. Then I grill them, direct heat to get a little char and a nice crisp.
If you wanted a little different recipe, throw together equal parts of bbq sauce, soy sauce and honey. Finish with some sesame seeds.
Good luck!post #7 of 342/7/10 at 11:49amFRANK's, FRANK's, Frank's!
I get it from Sam's Club once a year right before Super Bowl, one bIG bottle, last the whole year. I just replaced 2 days ago.
I use Franks for many different recipe applicationspost #8 of 342/7/10 at 12:40pmpost #9 of 342/7/10 at 12:53pmpost #10 of 342/7/10 at 1:04pmFor an asian-inspired and DELICIOUS wing, replace Frank's Hot with SRIRACHA.
You can keep it just as simple... butter + Sriracha and that's it.
My favorite wing sauce.post #11 of 342/7/10 at 1:05pmpost #12 of 342/7/10 at 1:24pmpost #13 of 342/7/10 at 1:44pmpost #14 of 342/7/10 at 1:49pmpost #15 of 342/7/10 at 1:51pmpost #16 of 342/7/10 at 2:06pmWhen I do wings I like to do a couple of sauces for everyone to enjoy. I buy the Franks hot wing sauce and butter as my hot wing sauce. I also make a honey garlic and a parmesan garlic. For the honey garlic its just honey, soy sauce, garlic salt and some pepper. The parmesan garlic is just a lot of butter, parmesan cheese and some garlic salt. I deep fry and then spin them in some tupperware.post #17 of 342/7/10 at 3:30pmThread Starterpost #18 of 346/8/10 at 3:57am
Resurrecting an older thread, but in case anyone's looking, my favorite wing sauce is butter, Texas Pete Louisiana style hot sauce, a splash or two of teriyaki sauce, and just a little brown sugar to taste to compliment the savory side. No real measurements, just mix it up to taste. Round it off with some fresh cracked pepper and you're good to go! I'll give my wings a light breading of 50/50 cornstarch and flour, deep fry, and toss in a bowl with the sauce while they're still hot to soak up the sauce. I've yet to do any on the grill, but I imagine basting them, or used as a mop while smoking, this sauce would be great.
Hmm... I smell a project coming up. Maybe if I wrap the pieces in a strip of bacon and... Oh lord, I think this place is getting to me... in a GOOD way! :Dpost #19 of 346/8/10 at 4:43am
Or there other location-
Rated #5 overall by-post #20 of 346/8/10 at 4:56am
Do a quick search on BBQ Engineer's smoked wings.
I use Franks, butter, and Tiger Sauce.
My recommendation would be to SMOKE'M!
Sauce, then 275 - 300* for 45 min to an hour, re-sauce, hit'em again for 10 minutes, re-sauce and serve. I guarantee they will be the best wings you've had.
I've also injected them with Franks prior to the above process - a bit tidious... but worth it as well.
Good luck - can't wait to see what you come up with.
- Need a Wing Sauce Please!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › Spatched the bird! 5 minutes ago
- › Tiny Fatty Appetizers - with pictures 15 minutes ago
- › Stuffed Elk Balls w/ Turkey Bacon! 24 minutes ago
- › Brined? Frenched? Rubbed? Smoked? Glazed? Cheap Pork Roast! 25 minutes ago
- › 2010 lang 60 26 minutes ago
- › Vegetarian ABTs 27 minutes ago
- › Couple of steaks 28 minutes ago
- › Baby Back Sampler 29 minutes ago
- › LOBSTER AU GRATIN for dinner, last night & tonight 31 minutes ago
- › She's home!! 38 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ