- 185 Posts. Joined 7/2007
- Location: Wentzville, MO
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- MES 40 - Troubleshoot cause of temp reading on display higher than actual temps Last post on 11/29/16 at 12:35pm in Electric Smokers
- Anyone had to purchase a replacement door for an MES 30" Son killed mine... Last post on 4/26/14 at 9:44am in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Smoker -Is a single, double, or quad burn most recommended for hot smoking in MES 40? Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:55pm in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Dust - Opinion on all around best wood dust in 5lb bag size? Last post on 12/19/11 at 11:45pm in General Discussion
- Anyone use wood pellets in their MES? Last post on 1/21/17 at 1:48pm in Electric Smokers
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
MES Hot Mods & related Mods or creations.. - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Thanks, I am honored to have my humble modification listed with so many outstanding ones.
I put it to a full-out test yesterday when I smoked two fatties in the morning, then smoked a rack of ribs in the afternoon. It performed marvelously. I like being able to remove the smoke generator easily afterward for clean-up.
MES owners I am reviving the old MES HOT Mods & related Mods or Creations Thread.
I created this thread to give recognition to MES mod innovators and hopefully inspire new MES owner to create Mods for their MES.
I will go through the MES posts of the last 14 months and add deserving mods to the list and mod creators will be recognized for their contribution.
You will notice there are two categories:
• MES HOT MODS with awards
• MES HOT MODS honorable mention
MES hot Mods with awards, this category is for MES Mods that are original (after some research the creator is the first to add this mod to the MES). Or to those that significantly advanced a previous MES MOD creation. Mods need to have picture documentation, and some writeup. The more pics and a clear how-to explanation is greatly appreciated.
Recognition for this category includes, a posted announcement thread with a Hot MES MOD certificate of appreciation, and that mods addition to the Hot MES Mod list.
MES Hot Mods with honorable mention, this category is for Mods already in use, however the recipient getting honorable mention has done one or more of the following:
Written a clear how-to create and install the mod and includes pictures. Made minor improvements to the mod, or the application and installation of the MOD was high quality.
No certificate will be awarded, however recognition will be posted in a announcement thread and of course added to the honorable mention list above.
MES owners, if you know of deserving MES mods during the past 14 months please PM me and I will add them to the list.
- MES Hot Mods & related Mods or creations..
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Anybody ever smoke a whole bone in ribeye as prime rib? 4 minutes ago
- › I know what I'm doing this weekend... 4 minutes ago
- › Hello from newbie in Portland, Oregon 23 minutes ago
- › What pellets with what food? 23 minutes ago
- › No boil Macaroni Mac & cheese 24 minutes ago
- › Hello from Iowa 26 minutes ago
- › BACON (Extra Smoky) 26 minutes ago
- › Rib Steaks in The Snow 1 hour ago
- › Anyone interested in an unofficial, non sanctioned SMF Throwdown? 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Corned beef and hash 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub