- 187 Posts. Joined 7/2007
- Location: Wentzville, MO
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- MES 40 - Troubleshoot cause of temp reading on display higher than actual temps Last post on 11/29/16 at 12:35pm in Electric Smokers
- Anyone had to purchase a replacement door for an MES 30" Son killed mine... Last post on 4/26/14 at 9:44am in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Smoker -Is a single, double, or quad burn most recommended for hot smoking in MES 40? Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:55pm in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Dust - Opinion on all around best wood dust in 5lb bag size? Last post on 12/19/11 at 11:45pm in General Discussion
- Anyone use wood pellets in their MES? Last post on 1/21/17 at 1:48pm in Electric Smokers
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
I started out on a friends Traegar at work and made the decision to get a pellet smoker, I researched for awhile and was leaning towards the Green Mountain Grill line, I went and checked them out...
MES Hot Mods & related Mods or creations.. - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Thanks, I am honored to have my humble modification listed with so many outstanding ones.
I put it to a full-out test yesterday when I smoked two fatties in the morning, then smoked a rack of ribs in the afternoon. It performed marvelously. I like being able to remove the smoke generator easily afterward for clean-up.
MES owners I am reviving the old MES HOT Mods & related Mods or Creations Thread.
I created this thread to give recognition to MES mod innovators and hopefully inspire new MES owner to create Mods for their MES.
I will go through the MES posts of the last 14 months and add deserving mods to the list and mod creators will be recognized for their contribution.
You will notice there are two categories:
• MES HOT MODS with awards
• MES HOT MODS honorable mention
MES hot Mods with awards, this category is for MES Mods that are original (after some research the creator is the first to add this mod to the MES). Or to those that significantly advanced a previous MES MOD creation. Mods need to have picture documentation, and some writeup. The more pics and a clear how-to explanation is greatly appreciated.
Recognition for this category includes, a posted announcement thread with a Hot MES MOD certificate of appreciation, and that mods addition to the Hot MES Mod list.
MES Hot Mods with honorable mention, this category is for Mods already in use, however the recipient getting honorable mention has done one or more of the following:
Written a clear how-to create and install the mod and includes pictures. Made minor improvements to the mod, or the application and installation of the MOD was high quality.
No certificate will be awarded, however recognition will be posted in a announcement thread and of course added to the honorable mention list above.
MES owners, if you know of deserving MES mods during the past 14 months please PM me and I will add them to the list.
- MES Hot Mods & related Mods or creations..
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Costco bonless pork shoulder 4 minutes ago
- › Costco bonless pork shoulder cookout 16 minutes ago
- › Kingsford Briquettes vs. Royal Oak Ridge Briquettes: Burn... 20 minutes ago
- › Too much TQ? 25 minutes ago
- › Sausage making question.... 26 minutes ago
- › What is going on with my AMNPS? 31 minutes ago
- › Beef Tenderloin Question 34 minutes ago
- › What's your occupation? 38 minutes ago
- › New SS Mix 44 minutes ago
- › Back in from the Upstate 50 minutes ago
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...