- 185 Posts. Joined 7/2007
- Location: Wentzville, MO
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- MES 40 - Troubleshoot cause of temp reading on display higher than actual temps Last post on 7/20/16 at 2:19pm in Electric Smokers
- Anyone had to purchase a replacement door for an MES 30" Son killed mine... Last post on 4/26/14 at 9:44am in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Smoker -Is a single, double, or quad burn most recommended for hot smoking in MES 40? Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:55pm in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Dust - Opinion on all around best wood dust in 5lb bag size? Last post on 12/19/11 at 11:45pm in General Discussion
- Anyone use wood pellets in their MES? Last post on 6/12/16 at 8:49pm in Electric Smokers
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
MES Hot Mods & related Mods or creations.. - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Thanks, I am honored to have my humble modification listed with so many outstanding ones.
I put it to a full-out test yesterday when I smoked two fatties in the morning, then smoked a rack of ribs in the afternoon. It performed marvelously. I like being able to remove the smoke generator easily afterward for clean-up.
MES owners I am reviving the old MES HOT Mods & related Mods or Creations Thread.
I created this thread to give recognition to MES mod innovators and hopefully inspire new MES owner to create Mods for their MES.
I will go through the MES posts of the last 14 months and add deserving mods to the list and mod creators will be recognized for their contribution.
You will notice there are two categories:
• MES HOT MODS with awards
• MES HOT MODS honorable mention
MES hot Mods with awards, this category is for MES Mods that are original (after some research the creator is the first to add this mod to the MES). Or to those that significantly advanced a previous MES MOD creation. Mods need to have picture documentation, and some writeup. The more pics and a clear how-to explanation is greatly appreciated.
Recognition for this category includes, a posted announcement thread with a Hot MES MOD certificate of appreciation, and that mods addition to the Hot MES Mod list.
MES Hot Mods with honorable mention, this category is for Mods already in use, however the recipient getting honorable mention has done one or more of the following:
Written a clear how-to create and install the mod and includes pictures. Made minor improvements to the mod, or the application and installation of the MOD was high quality.
No certificate will be awarded, however recognition will be posted in a announcement thread and of course added to the honorable mention list above.
MES owners, if you know of deserving MES mods during the past 14 months please PM me and I will add them to the list.
- MES Hot Mods & related Mods or creations..
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Newby. 2 minutes ago
- › Sauerkraut 4 minutes ago
- › New Forum Member and question about pork shoulders (smoker shut off... 7 minutes ago
- › CSR's On The Kettle !! 10 minutes ago
- › Help: bought some flavorless bacon 15 minutes ago
- › Rotisserie sausage and grilled bean soup 18 minutes ago
- › Lavatools Javelin- 25% off at Amazon 22 minutes ago
- › Smoked kielbasa! 27 minutes ago
- › Points? 35 minutes ago
- › Greetings from SW Florida 45 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman