- 187 Posts. Joined 7/2007
- Location: Wentzville, MO
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- MES 40 - Troubleshoot cause of temp reading on display higher than actual temps Last post on 11/29/16 at 12:35pm in Electric Smokers
- Anyone had to purchase a replacement door for an MES 30" Son killed mine... Last post on 4/26/14 at 9:44am in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Smoker -Is a single, double, or quad burn most recommended for hot smoking in MES 40? Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:55pm in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Dust - Opinion on all around best wood dust in 5lb bag size? Last post on 12/19/11 at 11:45pm in General Discussion
- Anyone use wood pellets in their MES? Last post on Today at 6:05 pm in Electric Smokers
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
MES Hot Mods & related Mods or creations.. - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Thanks, I am honored to have my humble modification listed with so many outstanding ones.
I put it to a full-out test yesterday when I smoked two fatties in the morning, then smoked a rack of ribs in the afternoon. It performed marvelously. I like being able to remove the smoke generator easily afterward for clean-up.
MES owners I am reviving the old MES HOT Mods & related Mods or Creations Thread.
I created this thread to give recognition to MES mod innovators and hopefully inspire new MES owner to create Mods for their MES.
I will go through the MES posts of the last 14 months and add deserving mods to the list and mod creators will be recognized for their contribution.
You will notice there are two categories:
• MES HOT MODS with awards
• MES HOT MODS honorable mention
MES hot Mods with awards, this category is for MES Mods that are original (after some research the creator is the first to add this mod to the MES). Or to those that significantly advanced a previous MES MOD creation. Mods need to have picture documentation, and some writeup. The more pics and a clear how-to explanation is greatly appreciated.
Recognition for this category includes, a posted announcement thread with a Hot MES MOD certificate of appreciation, and that mods addition to the Hot MES Mod list.
MES Hot Mods with honorable mention, this category is for Mods already in use, however the recipient getting honorable mention has done one or more of the following:
Written a clear how-to create and install the mod and includes pictures. Made minor improvements to the mod, or the application and installation of the MOD was high quality.
No certificate will be awarded, however recognition will be posted in a announcement thread and of course added to the honorable mention list above.
MES owners, if you know of deserving MES mods during the past 14 months please PM me and I will add them to the list.
- MES Hot Mods & related Mods or creations..
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › My project New Braunsfeld 33 minutes ago
- › First attempt at pulled pork ... 38 minutes ago
- › 2 pork butt smokes 2 fails 1 hour ago
- › What are the most important factors generally needed or wanted on a... 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Will 40 pounds of pork butt fit in an MES 30? 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › My take on ABT’S 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › Foil the grease pan or not? nasty smoke... 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › 3 whole Chickens at once to much? 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › More bacon... dry rub cured... 7-4.. 7-16...7-17... 7-18...7-23.. 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › New Dyna-Glo vertical offset smoker 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ