- 185 Posts. Joined 7/2007
- Location: Wentzville, MO
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- MES 40 - Troubleshoot cause of temp reading on display higher than actual temps Last post on 11/29/16 at 12:35pm in Electric Smokers
- Anyone had to purchase a replacement door for an MES 30" Son killed mine... Last post on 4/26/14 at 9:44am in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Smoker -Is a single, double, or quad burn most recommended for hot smoking in MES 40? Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:55pm in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Dust - Opinion on all around best wood dust in 5lb bag size? Last post on 12/19/11 at 11:45pm in General Discussion
- Anyone use wood pellets in their MES? Last post on 1/21/17 at 1:48pm in Electric Smokers
I've had my Daniel Boone for 3 years or so. Smoked countless briskets, pork butts, turkey, tri tip, prime ribs, summer sausage, pepperoni, brats, jerky, fish....the list goes on and on. Always has...
I have A 5x8 Smoke Box, And A Twelve inch Smoke Tube. Stop By A-maze-n Store Today To Pick Up Thermometer. And Todd Took Care Of Me, He is Excellent to work with, even sent me home with some free...
I bought this unit because I was tired of the cheap thermometers at the store. Little did I realize what an improvement this was going to be. The oven probe showed that my smoker was 23 degrees...
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
MES Hot Mods & related Mods or creations.. - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Thanks, I am honored to have my humble modification listed with so many outstanding ones.
I put it to a full-out test yesterday when I smoked two fatties in the morning, then smoked a rack of ribs in the afternoon. It performed marvelously. I like being able to remove the smoke generator easily afterward for clean-up.
MES owners I am reviving the old MES HOT Mods & related Mods or Creations Thread.
I created this thread to give recognition to MES mod innovators and hopefully inspire new MES owner to create Mods for their MES.
I will go through the MES posts of the last 14 months and add deserving mods to the list and mod creators will be recognized for their contribution.
You will notice there are two categories:
• MES HOT MODS with awards
• MES HOT MODS honorable mention
MES hot Mods with awards, this category is for MES Mods that are original (after some research the creator is the first to add this mod to the MES). Or to those that significantly advanced a previous MES MOD creation. Mods need to have picture documentation, and some writeup. The more pics and a clear how-to explanation is greatly appreciated.
Recognition for this category includes, a posted announcement thread with a Hot MES MOD certificate of appreciation, and that mods addition to the Hot MES Mod list.
MES Hot Mods with honorable mention, this category is for Mods already in use, however the recipient getting honorable mention has done one or more of the following:
Written a clear how-to create and install the mod and includes pictures. Made minor improvements to the mod, or the application and installation of the MOD was high quality.
No certificate will be awarded, however recognition will be posted in a announcement thread and of course added to the honorable mention list above.
MES owners, if you know of deserving MES mods during the past 14 months please PM me and I will add them to the list.
- MES Hot Mods & related Mods or creations..
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › The new guy 17 seconds ago
- › Finishing sausage in water 2 minutes ago
- › Hello All 5 minutes ago
- › Chicken Sausage Weekend: Chicken Pepperoni, Chicken Cheese and... 5 minutes ago
- › Brisket did NOT plateau 5 minutes ago
- › Red's Easy Hot Wings...with Qview! 9 minutes ago
- › Black Pepper mill died! 11 minutes ago
- › New smoker 21 minutes ago
- › Hello 22 minutes ago
- › A great BBQ build 23 minutes ago
- › GMG by Kirby27
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by racecar1439
- › Maverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probes by MyOwnIdaho
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot