or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:


post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
A very good friend of mine made a big boo boo. What happens when u do not properly clean your GOSM, leave it uncovered, to have it rained on, then let the sun heat up the inside???? you got it!!!! MOLD redface.gif now im not really sure how to clean it properly. reason being is MOLD is a pretty nasy character when it comes in contact with food.....can anyone help???
post #2 of 8
Scrape it out then pressure was with hot soapy wayer then start over like it was new. the heat will kill the mold.
My GOSM sits in the rain, snow, sun, dark,,,, it hasn't moved in 3 years. never had mold
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
wow....but im sure you clean it after every use. you shoulda seen this thing it looked like shag carpet inside....now we call him moldie oldie tongue.gif
post #4 of 8
Big discussion of this issue on this thread
post #5 of 8
Scrape as much out as you can and do a high heat burn (similar to what you'd do with a new smoker). Soap could leave a soapy taste on your food so make sure you rinse it out well.
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
sounds good burn em out PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
post #7 of 8
Wear a mask, scrape it out, power wash with soapy water followed by a rinse, then a Tbl spoon a bleach in a gallon a water an spray, let sit a bit then power rinse again. Reseason an use.
post #8 of 8
Second the wearing a mask! mold spores are very light and will nd up in your lungs in no time.

The voice of experience icon_redface.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Propane Smokers