- 44 Posts. Joined 8/2014
- Location: Moundsville, WV
- Points: 12
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicSausage Fattytagged by Davidhef88, 11/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Super game food. Last post on 2/2/14 at 4:40pm in General Discussion
- IT of fatty Last post on 12/9/13 at 2:13am in Fatties
- A Fatty, Beef Ribs, and a couple ABTs Last post on 11/17/13 at 7:40pm in General Discussion
- First fatties Last post on 11/19/13 at 11:47am in Fatties
- First Fatty (w/ Q-View) Last post on 10/15/13 at 6:03pm in Fatties
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Rollin A Fatty: My Version - Page 8
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Thanks!!! its sooooo easy, yet it would have taken me forever to figure out how to do that on my own!!!
Once you get the bacon weave down you can do really cool things. I did this weave on top of an apple this weekend and impressed my wife. She asked where I learned how to do that. I told her it was from learning how to do the bacon weave for a pork loin smoke I did.
Thanks, that was a big help. Thanks to the wife too, excellent photos
PS to Silverwolf: I've been in your neck of the woods. I have a friend who is the minister at the Moravian Church in Gnadenhutten. We found out the closest grocery store is in Uhlrichsville.
I really like making Fatties. I thank you for making this tutorial. I have the bacon weave down pat. The better the cut of bacon, the easier the weave will be. I have some used some really good bacon and real crappy bacon and I find the bulk bacon at your local meat counter is the best. This is my first post or reply to these forums... Thank you again.
Doesn't appear crisped up but that's the iPhone photo ability. Color is darker and bacon much crisper by feel. Total success first time out of the gate thanks to the fatty sticky and gf's awesome skills. She rolled the sausage off plastic wrap and then came
over and fixed my Rainman bacon weave. I think I was a little bacontoxicated. Great recipie, thanks to all who chimed in with tips.
Dunno if the guy who started this thread is still around after 6 yrs, but many, many thanks for the great how-to! I built my first two fatties today, they're on the rack right now. Mmmmm Mmmmm... I know all of our neighbors are getting a nose full already. Ha Ha!
- Rollin A Fatty: My Version
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › New member from Connecticut 3 minutes ago
- › Bear summer sausage 4 minutes ago
- › Smoked Wings--Tough Skin 11 minutes ago
- › Vegetarian Pulled Pork 12 minutes ago
- › Chicken Cordon Bleu.... ALL YOU GOT ME! 13 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt cold smoker kit 18 minutes ago
- › Ultimate trailer build 28 minutes ago
- › New member 31 minutes ago
- › Cold smoke attachment and bacon 31 minutes ago
- › Smoked meatloaf? 31 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona