- 44 Posts. Joined 8/2014
- Location: Moundsville, WV
- Points: 12
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicSausage Fattytagged by Davidhef88, 11/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- ELK Medallions w/pics =) Last post on 10/30/16 at 5:29am in General Discussion
- Super game food. Last post on 2/2/14 at 4:40pm in General Discussion
- IT of fatty Last post on 12/9/13 at 2:13am in Fatties
- A Fatty, Beef Ribs, and a couple ABTs Last post on 11/17/13 at 7:40pm in General Discussion
- First fatties Last post on 11/19/13 at 11:47am in Fatties
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
Rollin A Fatty: My Version - Page 8
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Thanks!!! its sooooo easy, yet it would have taken me forever to figure out how to do that on my own!!!
Once you get the bacon weave down you can do really cool things. I did this weave on top of an apple this weekend and impressed my wife. She asked where I learned how to do that. I told her it was from learning how to do the bacon weave for a pork loin smoke I did.
Thanks, that was a big help. Thanks to the wife too, excellent photos
PS to Silverwolf: I've been in your neck of the woods. I have a friend who is the minister at the Moravian Church in Gnadenhutten. We found out the closest grocery store is in Uhlrichsville.
I really like making Fatties. I thank you for making this tutorial. I have the bacon weave down pat. The better the cut of bacon, the easier the weave will be. I have some used some really good bacon and real crappy bacon and I find the bulk bacon at your local meat counter is the best. This is my first post or reply to these forums... Thank you again.
Doesn't appear crisped up but that's the iPhone photo ability. Color is darker and bacon much crisper by feel. Total success first time out of the gate thanks to the fatty sticky and gf's awesome skills. She rolled the sausage off plastic wrap and then came
over and fixed my Rainman bacon weave. I think I was a little bacontoxicated. Great recipie, thanks to all who chimed in with tips.
Dunno if the guy who started this thread is still around after 6 yrs, but many, many thanks for the great how-to! I built my first two fatties today, they're on the rack right now. Mmmmm Mmmmm... I know all of our neighbors are getting a nose full already. Ha Ha!
been busy lately and not smoked anything for a while. I start leave next week and have a ton of yard work/landscaping to do. Well Im gonna be outside working in the yard all day might as well have a fire going and something on the smoker. Gonna give this a try. Never heard of a fattie before (well not in reference to a food) and this sounds amazing. I'll get some pics and show y'all what I end up with.
- Rollin A Fatty: My Version
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Bottom or Top Round... 35 seconds ago
- › September Throwdown 1 minute ago
- › Get together in Pa **** date has been set. Oct 6-8 ****** 5 minutes ago
- › August 2017 Throwdown "YardBird" Winners!!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Any idea what type of ribs these are? 8 minutes ago
- › Pepper question 14 minutes ago
- › very little smoke 16 minutes ago
- › New smoker in Indiana 34 minutes ago
- › New Member 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Trying out new rib rack and a new rub (W/ Q-View) 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods