- 44 Posts. Joined 8/2014
- Location: Moundsville, WV
- Points: 12
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicSausage Fattytagged by Davidhef88, 11/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- ELK Medallions w/pics =) Last post on 10/30/16 at 5:29am in General Discussion
- Super game food. Last post on 2/2/14 at 4:40pm in General Discussion
- IT of fatty Last post on 12/9/13 at 2:13am in Fatties
- A Fatty, Beef Ribs, and a couple ABTs Last post on 11/17/13 at 7:40pm in General Discussion
- First fatties Last post on 11/19/13 at 11:47am in Fatties
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
Rollin A Fatty: My Version - Page 8
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Thanks!!! its sooooo easy, yet it would have taken me forever to figure out how to do that on my own!!!
Once you get the bacon weave down you can do really cool things. I did this weave on top of an apple this weekend and impressed my wife. She asked where I learned how to do that. I told her it was from learning how to do the bacon weave for a pork loin smoke I did.
Thanks, that was a big help. Thanks to the wife too, excellent photos
PS to Silverwolf: I've been in your neck of the woods. I have a friend who is the minister at the Moravian Church in Gnadenhutten. We found out the closest grocery store is in Uhlrichsville.
I really like making Fatties. I thank you for making this tutorial. I have the bacon weave down pat. The better the cut of bacon, the easier the weave will be. I have some used some really good bacon and real crappy bacon and I find the bulk bacon at your local meat counter is the best. This is my first post or reply to these forums... Thank you again.
Doesn't appear crisped up but that's the iPhone photo ability. Color is darker and bacon much crisper by feel. Total success first time out of the gate thanks to the fatty sticky and gf's awesome skills. She rolled the sausage off plastic wrap and then came
over and fixed my Rainman bacon weave. I think I was a little bacontoxicated. Great recipie, thanks to all who chimed in with tips.
Dunno if the guy who started this thread is still around after 6 yrs, but many, many thanks for the great how-to! I built my first two fatties today, they're on the rack right now. Mmmmm Mmmmm... I know all of our neighbors are getting a nose full already. Ha Ha!
- Rollin A Fatty: My Version
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Flat iron steak 35 seconds ago
- › Bone in Pork Sirloin Roast 1 minute ago
- › Which stick burner to buy?? 7 minutes ago
- › Teaser 9 minutes ago
- › Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5 or 22.5? 14 minutes ago
- › BBQ sauce 15 minutes ago
- › Are you ready to rumble!!!!! March 2017 Throwdown time!!! 16 minutes ago
- › Hi From lakeside CA 17 minutes ago
- › Give me your best whole chicken process! 19 minutes ago
- › Need some snack stick knowledge 35 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations