- 44 Posts. Joined 8/2014
- Location: Moundsville, WV
- Points: 12
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicSausage Fattytagged by Davidhef88, 11/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- ELK Medallions w/pics =) Last post on 10/30/16 at 5:29am in General Discussion
- Super game food. Last post on 2/2/14 at 4:40pm in General Discussion
- IT of fatty Last post on 12/9/13 at 2:13am in Fatties
- A Fatty, Beef Ribs, and a couple ABTs Last post on 11/17/13 at 7:40pm in General Discussion
- First fatties Last post on 11/19/13 at 11:47am in Fatties
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
I started out on a friends Traegar at work and made the decision to get a pellet smoker, I researched for awhile and was leaning towards the Green Mountain Grill line, I went and checked them out...
Rollin A Fatty: My Version - Page 8
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Thanks!!! its sooooo easy, yet it would have taken me forever to figure out how to do that on my own!!!
Once you get the bacon weave down you can do really cool things. I did this weave on top of an apple this weekend and impressed my wife. She asked where I learned how to do that. I told her it was from learning how to do the bacon weave for a pork loin smoke I did.
Thanks, that was a big help. Thanks to the wife too, excellent photos
PS to Silverwolf: I've been in your neck of the woods. I have a friend who is the minister at the Moravian Church in Gnadenhutten. We found out the closest grocery store is in Uhlrichsville.
I really like making Fatties. I thank you for making this tutorial. I have the bacon weave down pat. The better the cut of bacon, the easier the weave will be. I have some used some really good bacon and real crappy bacon and I find the bulk bacon at your local meat counter is the best. This is my first post or reply to these forums... Thank you again.
Doesn't appear crisped up but that's the iPhone photo ability. Color is darker and bacon much crisper by feel. Total success first time out of the gate thanks to the fatty sticky and gf's awesome skills. She rolled the sausage off plastic wrap and then came
over and fixed my Rainman bacon weave. I think I was a little bacontoxicated. Great recipie, thanks to all who chimed in with tips.
Dunno if the guy who started this thread is still around after 6 yrs, but many, many thanks for the great how-to! I built my first two fatties today, they're on the rack right now. Mmmmm Mmmmm... I know all of our neighbors are getting a nose full already. Ha Ha!
been busy lately and not smoked anything for a while. I start leave next week and have a ton of yard work/landscaping to do. Well Im gonna be outside working in the yard all day might as well have a fire going and something on the smoker. Gonna give this a try. Never heard of a fattie before (well not in reference to a food) and this sounds amazing. I'll get some pics and show y'all what I end up with.
- Rollin A Fatty: My Version
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Blackened Tilapia CI Style !! 2 minutes ago
- › Another New member with a 60 gallon build 2 minutes ago
- › 2016 Custom Pits & Fabrication Concession Trailer 7 minutes ago
- › Arizona smoker 10 minutes ago
- › Foodsaver vacuum sealers 14 minutes ago
- › New SS Mix 23 minutes ago
- › Weber Style wireless temp probe 32 minutes ago
- › First time on mes 40. From propane two for 30. 35 minutes ago
- › 4" thick Delmonico 40 minutes ago
- › New guy bad smoke 44 minutes ago
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer