- 44 Posts. Joined 8/2014
- Location: Moundsville, WV
- Points: 12
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicSausage Fattytagged by Davidhef88, 11/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- ELK Medallions w/pics =) Last post on 10/30/16 at 5:29am in General Discussion
- Super game food. Last post on 2/2/14 at 4:40pm in General Discussion
- IT of fatty Last post on 12/9/13 at 2:13am in Fatties
- A Fatty, Beef Ribs, and a couple ABTs Last post on 11/17/13 at 7:40pm in General Discussion
- First fatties Last post on 11/19/13 at 11:47am in Fatties
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
Rollin A Fatty: My Version - Page 8
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Thanks!!! its sooooo easy, yet it would have taken me forever to figure out how to do that on my own!!!
Once you get the bacon weave down you can do really cool things. I did this weave on top of an apple this weekend and impressed my wife. She asked where I learned how to do that. I told her it was from learning how to do the bacon weave for a pork loin smoke I did.
Thanks, that was a big help. Thanks to the wife too, excellent photos
PS to Silverwolf: I've been in your neck of the woods. I have a friend who is the minister at the Moravian Church in Gnadenhutten. We found out the closest grocery store is in Uhlrichsville.
I really like making Fatties. I thank you for making this tutorial. I have the bacon weave down pat. The better the cut of bacon, the easier the weave will be. I have some used some really good bacon and real crappy bacon and I find the bulk bacon at your local meat counter is the best. This is my first post or reply to these forums... Thank you again.
Doesn't appear crisped up but that's the iPhone photo ability. Color is darker and bacon much crisper by feel. Total success first time out of the gate thanks to the fatty sticky and gf's awesome skills. She rolled the sausage off plastic wrap and then came
over and fixed my Rainman bacon weave. I think I was a little bacontoxicated. Great recipie, thanks to all who chimed in with tips.
Dunno if the guy who started this thread is still around after 6 yrs, but many, many thanks for the great how-to! I built my first two fatties today, they're on the rack right now. Mmmmm Mmmmm... I know all of our neighbors are getting a nose full already. Ha Ha!
been busy lately and not smoked anything for a while. I start leave next week and have a ton of yard work/landscaping to do. Well Im gonna be outside working in the yard all day might as well have a fire going and something on the smoker. Gonna give this a try. Never heard of a fattie before (well not in reference to a food) and this sounds amazing. I'll get some pics and show y'all what I end up with.
- Rollin A Fatty: My Version
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › My new Akorn JR 4 minutes ago
- › Science or Art 12 minutes ago
- › Silly question for a Char-Griller 19 minutes ago
- › First whole chicken on UDS 33 minutes ago
- › No, I'm not Catholic... 37 minutes ago
- › Souis Vide Brisket 57 minutes ago
- › Smokestack size , no firebox 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › First butts on modified el cheapo...pics and Q view 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Mrs Bear's Surgery 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Selling my outdoor smoker grill with trailer 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ