For pork, Jeff's is a great start. You can tweek it to your own tastes. For beef I just use onion powder, garlic powder, CBP, & McCormick's steak seasoning. For fish I use cajun seasoning. To keep the rub on I use yellow mustard or EVOO rubbed on first. If you find that great rub I know you'll post it for all of us to see, Right?
Related Forum Threads
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- Bones up or down. Last post on 11/19/13 at 10:07am in Pork
- Ribs: Wet, Dry, Sweet, Spicy... Something For Everyone Last post on 9/30/13 at 4:27pm in Pork
- First Pork Rib's, First Q'View Last post on 9/16/13 at 10:48am in Pork
- Does anyone marinate ribs before smoking? Last post on 6/13/14 at 5:54am in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
- Cherry & Balsamic Wet Rubbed Pork RibsLast edited: 8/26/11
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Whats your absolute favorite rib rub recipe? - Page 3post #41 of 431/10/11 at 7:37am
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #42 of 431/11/11 at 6:13am
Here in Houston we get a rub made by Tex-Joy called BBQ seasoning. It is used by the Mt.Zion Missionary Baptist Church BBQ in Huntsville Texas. This is what I use when I don't have time to throw mine together. It is actually what I used this weekend at my first cook off and the results were great as usual. The one I make myself is a bit spicier but it is based off of one i found in a BBQ cookbook so it is basic like the rest I just add more pepper and a few other local spices. http://www.texjoy.com/store/p/65-Bar-B-Q-Special-Seasoning-32-oz.aspx
- Whats your absolute favorite rib rub recipe?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Smoking Ribs
- › Pimento wood 2 minutes ago
- › Cold smoke attachment and bacon 2 minutes ago
- › How to Charge for whole smoked turkey? 4 minutes ago
- › Smoked a couple birds. 9 minutes ago
- › Newbie and needs some solid advice on purchase 13 minutes ago
- › PWE Pastrami Finally Done! The Slices and the Sandwich! 21 minutes ago
- › Raspberry Pi Fan/Temp controller questions... 26 minutes ago
- › 500 Gallon Reverse Flow heating issues 30 minutes ago
- › One Grill Rotisserie Flat Basket Fix for 5/16" Spit Rods 32 minutes ago
- › The Smokin Monkey Cook Book 51 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona