Today I put more chunks into it than I normally would and found heat and smoke is indeed leaking out the doors. So I will need to come up with some type of gasket to help seal that up. The other interesting thing I saw today was that with both elements cranked all the way up it hit 180* in about 20 minutes, held there for about 10 minutes and then retreated to 140*. Outside temp was around 40* and not much in the way of wind. So a different element is definitely in store for it.
I also used a couple of probes and moved them around throughout the day looking for cold and warm spots. There wasn't much differentiation with the biggest difference I saw being 3*.
The current collection: