- 900 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Location: Florida
- Points: 14
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Pecan wood igniting in MES Last post on 11/28/12 at 11:23am in Woods for Smoking
- buying wood chips Last post on 7/9/13 at 9:17am in General Discussion
- Wood chip pan rusted Last post on 6/24/12 at 12:04pm in Propane Smokers
- Mulberry Wood and Wood Preparation Last post on 7/20/10 at 6:13am in Woods for Smoking
- Wood, Charcoal, both or what???? Last post on 7/6/10 at 9:37am in General Discussion
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
Orange Wood - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I've been using my fruit tree cuttings, peach, apple, pear, etc for smoking everything from ribs to brisket to kielbasa (cherry), and yes, i've used a chainsaw to cut them. I have never noticed any bad flavor from the bar oil. I think worrying about this is a little anal. That stuff is a very thin oil that evaporates pretty quickly, any my wood seasons a long time before i use it.
My experience with it is a mild smoke taste. I would recommend it.
We have whats called a fruitless mullberry here on the other coast, but I don't think it would be a good wood. I have been eying some of the Olive thats around here though.
- Orange Wood
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Question on Kettle grill quality 31 seconds ago
- › Teaser 1 minute ago
- › First Smoke - Boston Butt 3 minutes ago
- › Bone in Pork Sirloin Roast 7 minutes ago
- › Smoked Dried Beef with lots of Qview 20 minutes ago
- › Flat iron steak 24 minutes ago
- › Which stick burner to buy?? 31 minutes ago
- › Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5 or 22.5? 38 minutes ago
- › BBQ sauce 39 minutes ago
- › Are you ready to rumble!!!!! March 2017 Throwdown time!!! 40 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations