- 900 Posts. Joined 9/2008
- Location: Florida
- Points: 14
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Pecan wood igniting in MES Last post on 11/28/12 at 11:23am in Woods for Smoking
- buying wood chips Last post on 7/9/13 at 9:17am in General Discussion
- Wood chip pan rusted Last post on 6/24/12 at 12:04pm in Propane Smokers
- Mulberry Wood and Wood Preparation Last post on 7/20/10 at 6:13am in Woods for Smoking
- Wood, Charcoal, both or what???? Last post on 7/6/10 at 9:37am in General Discussion
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Orange Wood - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I've been using my fruit tree cuttings, peach, apple, pear, etc for smoking everything from ribs to brisket to kielbasa (cherry), and yes, i've used a chainsaw to cut them. I have never noticed any bad flavor from the bar oil. I think worrying about this is a little anal. That stuff is a very thin oil that evaporates pretty quickly, any my wood seasons a long time before i use it.
My experience with it is a mild smoke taste. I would recommend it.
We have whats called a fruitless mullberry here on the other coast, but I don't think it would be a good wood. I have been eying some of the Olive thats around here though.
- Orange Wood
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › GMG Jim Bowie 1st Butt Smoke Qview 37 minutes ago
- › Seafood Sausage Help? 57 minutes ago
- › What happens when the brine turns the outside of the pork butt... 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Quick Butts 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Lavatools Javelin- 25% off at Amazon 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › Ground beef jerkey 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Brats and Kraut! 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › What size skillet do you use in your masterbuilt XL mod? 2 hours ago
- › Sauerkraut 2 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Vegetarian Pulled Pork 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona