Just an up date to anyone that cares. But, after my first smoke last weekend my CG would not get hotter than 175*, which led to a 6 hour smoke on a 3lbs. chicken. After a bunch of research and lots of advice from many on here, last nights fatty smoke was a complete success. I got temp. up to 250*, did some adjusting on the exhausts and got her to a steady 225* for 4 hours, only adding an extra log of Hickory, which it really didn't need. You guys were right, the thermo. is crap. I added a new one and there was a difference of 100*! The mods. took me quite a few days and some searching for certain products, but it was well worth all the work!
post #1 of 3
8/15/09 at 2:54pm