- 6 Posts. Joined 4/2009
- Location: hamilton,ont
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Noob question on chunks vs. larger pieces of wood for Char-Griller SFB Last post on 11/26/11 at 2:55pm in Woods for Smoking
- smoking wood for smokehouse? Last post on 12/7/10 at 7:05pm in Smoke Houses
- use smoking wood for heat? Last post on 11/30/10 at 8:02am in Woods for Smoking
- How much wood to use on my first turkey? Last post on 11/14/10 at 7:42pm in Poultry
- Adding Charcoal in the Wood Pan Last post on 1/3/13 at 9:37am in Propane Smokers
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I started using Coconut Charcoal last year. When using for smoking I have learned you need less charcoal compared to typical lump charcoal.
I also like it for Grilling Steaks as you get a higher temp, I toss typically toss on some wood for added flavor.
I buy it at a local grocery store, 20LB bag for $9.
coconut charcoal is what most Philipinos use based on my experience over there. Lots use fresh husks, some can afford to buy it once its been converted to charcoal. its great for grilling and smoking both.
I'll have to check the local middle eastern grocery store to see if they stock it.
I have seen coconut charcoal on this website: http://charcoal.vn/product/grill-coconut-shell-charcoal/
Also, I buy sample to test. The charcoal is really good. Low smoke. Long time burning. Natural.
I am buying coconut charcoal from Vinacharcoal (http://charcoal.vn/), 2 containers per month.
- coconut charcoal
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › What's your favorite home cooked meal?? 2 minutes ago
- › Wood chip box and Temperature 10 minutes ago
- › Beef ribs came out PERFECT 14 minutes ago
- › Hey Drew Here. 17 minutes ago
- › From the land of many smoke.... 20 minutes ago
- › Anyone use wood pellets in their MES? 23 minutes ago
- › Cow had 8,000% the legal limit of drug in edible tissue ... 26 minutes ago
- › IGrill mini Review...Just burn $40 in the Fireplace don't buy this... 59 minutes ago
- › PERFECT RIBS EVERY TIME! This really works! 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › 1st time at rabbit 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ