- 6 Posts. Joined 4/2009
- Location: hamilton,ont
- Points: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Noob question on chunks vs. larger pieces of wood for Char-Griller SFB Last post on 11/26/11 at 2:55pm in Woods for Smoking
- smoking wood for smokehouse? Last post on 12/7/10 at 7:05pm in Smoke Houses
- use smoking wood for heat? Last post on 11/30/10 at 8:02am in Woods for Smoking
- How much wood to use on my first turkey? Last post on 11/14/10 at 7:42pm in Poultry
- Adding Charcoal in the Wood Pan Last post on 1/3/13 at 9:37am in Propane Smokers
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
I started using Coconut Charcoal last year. When using for smoking I have learned you need less charcoal compared to typical lump charcoal.
I also like it for Grilling Steaks as you get a higher temp, I toss typically toss on some wood for added flavor.
I buy it at a local grocery store, 20LB bag for $9.
coconut charcoal is what most Philipinos use based on my experience over there. Lots use fresh husks, some can afford to buy it once its been converted to charcoal. its great for grilling and smoking both.
I'll have to check the local middle eastern grocery store to see if they stock it.
- coconut charcoal
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Mushroom Swiss Buffalo Burger & Steak Fries 7 seconds ago
- › Tri Tip! 26 seconds ago
- › New commercial freezer build 16 minutes ago
- › She's home!! 20 minutes ago
- › Here we go...rookie first time Boston Butt attempt. 22 minutes ago
- › Hobart Model 1612 Meat Slicer 38 minutes ago
- › Whiskey Brats 42 minutes ago
- › First full meal in the MES 50 minutes ago
- › New member 50 minutes ago
- › Drunken Jerk wings and cheesy corn 58 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ