Good news Flash. One of my buddies ingested some poison from an exterminater years ago. He was having seizures and was stagering like a drunk. Took him to the vet and was told there wasn't much hope. A call the next day wasn't any better, not eating or drinking, etc. We decided we better go see him and when he saw us he could barely stand up. They opened the cage door and wouldn't stop licking my face for a long time. We asked for some food and he couldn't stop eating and drinking water. We left with tears in our eyes, even now thinking about it.
Guess what? Next day we took him home. 8 years later we still have him.
Guess what his name is?
He was lucky when we adopted him from a shelter, and was lucky when he survived that.
Never give up Flash, and go visit him, I'm sure glad we did, all he needed was a little love to give him hope. The vet didn't think he would make it through the night.
Let's give you and Scooter a lucky wish from our Luckie boy here.
Kinda shaggy needs a clip, but he's pulling for Scooter and your family.
Here is the other one on the left. His name is Jackpot. He hit the jackpot when we adopted him also. Some jackass chopped off his tail so there isn't even a stump to see when he is wagging his tail, and you know he is.
Jack as we call him says good luck also.
They were both abused pals and were in such bad shape they had to be groomed and debugged before taking home.
On a quick note, a friend of mine had his dog go into seizures also, and it turned out that they were using those Swishers floor cleaners or whatever they are called. DON'T USE THEM.
Again, good luck, man, this post touched my heart.