here are a couple more, also from www.baitshopboyz.com
Korean Duck Kabobs
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 1 small onion, cut into chunks
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
• 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
• 1 clove garlic
• 2 Tbsp. sesame seed, toasted
• 3/4 to 1 lb. boneless skinless wild duck breast or substitute, cut into 36
pieces (about 1-inch)
• 12 wooden skewers
• 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks in juice, drained
• 6 green onions, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths (24 lengths)
In food processor or blender, combine oil, onion, sugar, soy sauce, flour
and garlic. Process until smooth. Pour marinade into medium mixing
bowl. Stir in sesame seed. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade and cover with
plastic wrap, then chill. Add duck pieces to remaining marinade. Stir to
coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Fire up the grill and prepare for barbecuing. Spray cooking grate with
nonstick vegetable cooking spray, such as Pam. Soak skewers in water for
30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade from duck pieces. On each
skewer, alternate 3 duck pieces with 1 or 2 pineapple chunks and 2 green
onion lengths. Arrange kabobs on grate and grill for 4-6 minutes or until
meat is desired doneness, turning kabobs over once and brushing with
reserved marinade several times.
- 2 ducks
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- pepper to taste
In a small pan mix above ingredients and simmer covered for five minutes. Makes sauce for four split duck halves.
Split whole ducks in half. Flatten ducks with a cleaver. Place on rack in flat baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees for one hour. Baste every ten minutes with prepared sauce. Turn and cook other side for one hour. Continue basting.
· 2 boneless, skinless whole wild duck breasts, split in half
· 1 medium red cooking apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
· 1 medium onion, sliced
· 1 8-oz. can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
· 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
· 1/4 tsp freshly-ground pepper
Prepare grill for barbecuing. Place one breast half in center of 12x12-inch square of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Repeat with remaining breast halves. Arrange apple, onion and water chestnuts evenly over breast halves. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
Fold opposite sides of foil together in locked folds. Fold and crimp ends. Place packets on cooking grate. Grill for 30-45 minutes, or until meat is tender and juices run clear.