Sweet thanks very well done. Thanks again.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MES 40 - Troubleshoot cause of temp reading on display higher than actual temps Last post on 7/20/16 at 2:19pm in Electric Smokers
- Anyone had to purchase a replacement door for an MES 30" Son killed mine... Last post on 4/26/14 at 9:44am in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Smoker -Is a single, double, or quad burn most recommended for hot smoking in MES 40? Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:55pm in Electric Smokers
- A-MAZE-N Dust - Opinion on all around best wood dust in 5lb bag size? Last post on 12/19/11 at 11:45pm in General Discussion
- Anyone use wood pellets in their MES? Last post on 6/12/16 at 8:49pm in Electric Smokers
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
Cart Modification for MES. Nice! - Page 5
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Yep Just ordered this cart, I will be doing about the same mods?? Not for sure still searching for Ideas, Got this one off e-bay new for 78.00 free shipping.
Would this fit the 30" MES with the cold smoke attachment? RimRock, I see that you built an extension, but was wondering if it may not be necessary for the 30".
Nice carts! I'm looking for a solution to get my MES off of the ground with either a cart or casters also.
Just have to finish the ends there i cut for the side shelves, The last basket I had I cut using a metal saw blade on my hand held jig saw and then cleaned up the rough ends with the grinder. Will put a piece of stained plywood on the ends of the side shelves to finish things up.
This was a great project and at this time it was a great purchase for $80 + Free shipping.
A full smoker is a happy smoker
& CONGRATS on a nice modification of an existing and capable cart. I just purchased a Smokin-it, model 3 smoker, but shun the thought of buying their cart for $199.99+ shipping. Once it arrives and I get good measurements, your idea will inspire me to also seek a cheaper and very effective alternative, given a little ingenuity and minimal effort.
You guys that are building your Rheostats for the cold smoker, I am going to pick up an inline table light dimmer switch that can just be plugged in for about $7 at Menards (after 15% discount). It says it handles 300W so I should be good to go. Here is the link.
Some of us po folk down in South Mississippi just use an old furniture dolly we have laying around from lets say like harbor freight, under $20 with quepons and such, YMMV.
- Cart Modification for MES. Nice!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › 2 10lb Pork Shoulders...Smoking Overnight? 3 minutes ago
- › New Member 11 minutes ago
- › Fatties Sweet and Hot 27 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt, NOT!!! 37 minutes ago
- › I pulled the trigger!!! 38 minutes ago
- › pellets vs chips ,Master built Sportsman Elite 30'' Electric Smoker 55 minutes ago
- › 21 years and still going 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Couple of steaks 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › LOBSTER AU GRATIN for dinner, last night & tonight 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt Smokers (Bear’s Thoughts & Findings) 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ