Here is a new recipe I got in an emaill.
Dont know how it taste, I havent tried it yet but it sounded good. I dont know what the cornstarch does to it other than act as a thickening... Just thought I'd pass it along and get some other thoughts about it.
Molasses-Peanut Butter Glaze for ribs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup maple syrup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
TEST KITCHEN TIP You can make the sauce the day before you need it; store in the refrigerator.