I had a batch of smoked jalapeÃ±os that came out awesome last night. Should have taken some pics! Yesterday I picked up some cherry wood pucks for my OBS, and a jalapeÃ±o rack at a local outdoor recreation store. Stopped at the grocery store and picked up 24 jalapeÃ±os, 1 lb of ground turkey, 1 packet of taco seasoning, cream cheese, and turkey bacon. Obviously I was intending on making this delicacy low-fat.
- Brown 1 lb of turkey, added packet of taco seasoning, and cook as directed then cool to room temperature.
- Cut tops off jalapeÃ±os and remove seeds.
- Cut vertical slit in very bottom of the jalapeÃ±o so excess juice can drip out while cooking/smoking.
- Mix taco meat and cream cheese
- Stuff the jalapeÃ±os with the taco seasoning/cream cheese
- Cut a 2-3 inch piece of bacon and attach to the top of each of the jalapeÃ±os and affix with a tooth pick