Here are my two Guinness ice cream recipes:
1/2 vanilla bean split lengthwise
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
2/3 cup Guinness stout
2 Tbls plus 2 tsp molasses
4 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. In med saucepan, scrape in vanilla bean seeds. Add the pod, milk, and cream. Bring to a boil over med. heat. Turn off heat, cover and let flavors infuse 30 min.
2. Meanwhile, in sm. pan over med high heat, whisk together stout and molasses. Bring to boil and turn off heat.
3. In lrg. mixing bowl, whisk yolks, sugar, and vanila extract. Whisk in a few tbls. of hot cream mixture, then very slowly whisk in another 1/4 cup of the cream. Add remaining cream in slow, steady stream, whisking constantly. Pour mixture back into pan.
4. Stir beer mixture into cream mixture. Cook the custard over med heat, stirring often with wooden spoon for 6 to 8 minutes or until custard thickens to coat back of spoon.
5. Strain mixture into bowl and refridgerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Process in ice cream maker per your machines inst.
2 Cups heavy cream
2 Cups Guinness stout
1 Cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cocoa powder
8 egg yolks
Bring cream and stout to boil in heavy saucepan. In lrge bowl mix sugar, cocoa powder and egg yolks until fluffy. Add small amount stout-cream mixture to bowl, whisking quickly to temper eggs. Add mixture to pot and cook custard until thickened, whisking constantly. Do not let boil. Cool in bowl at least two hours, then process in ice cream maker.