- 5,295 Posts. Joined 3/2007
- Location: Chiefland/Cedar Key, Fl
- Points: 42
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBrinkmanntagged by System, 10/17/10
- productBrinkmann 810-5301-C Smoke-N-Grill Charcoal Smoker and Grilltagged by System, 10/17/10
- brandGrilltagged by System, 10/17/10
- categoryGrillstagged by System, 10/17/10
- categorySmokerstagged by System, 10/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- 1st time smoker - temp problems with my Brinkman Smoke N Grill Last post on 7/26/17 at 7:59am in Charcoal Smokers
- Question regarding Brinkmann charcoal Smoke 'N Grill Last post on 1/7/12 at 2:39pm in Charcoal Smokers
- water pans for Brinkmann smoke n grill Last post on 5/19/10 at 6:26pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Brinkman Smoke n grill problems Last post on 7/4/17 at 4:39pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Question about Brinkmann Smok N Grill Charcol smoker. Last post on 8/16/11 at 8:03pm in Charcoal Smokers
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
Brinkman Smoke'N Grill - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Saturday: Left home about mid day for Walmart (to buy the ECB even though we are in the middle of an ice storm) and was lucky they still had 1 ECB left. Waited for 30 min. do to the fact only 2 registers were up do to a partial power outage. Put the box on the counter when all power went out and the safety lights came on. I was informed that she could not ring my purchase and I and all others in line would have to leave there carts where they sat and go because the store was going to close. Bummer!!!
Drove over to my daughters to see the grandkids and told my son-in-law my story and about how I wanted the ECB and my newfound interest in getting a smoker. He laughed and asked me to follow him the the garage. He climbed up to his storage area which is an 8' high platform above the shop area. (his garage is two cars wide and deep). He handed down to me a box and said he had received this as an award 8-10 years ago at his job and I could have it as he had no interest.
So now I am the owner of a free brand new in the never opened box smoker. It is a Char-Broil Electric Water Smoker #46-54512.
So for free I will proceed with this unit as my first Smoker.
Thanks to all for your advise and help on the ECB but your not off the hook.
Any thoughts or advice on this unit?
Any threads on this unit?
Again thank you for your help!!!
It shows a reflector plate in bottom with electric heat coil above that. It says to put 3 chunks or 1 1/2 cups of chips soaked on ref-plate for smoking. Is this normal for electric smokers or is there a better way to do this?
just a thought
Never seen one with a thermostat but give it a shot and let us know!
Dude - I see your point on wet chunks - I have seen where some have put a chip box on the elec. coil?
Bubba - what is the sand pan mod? Is there some thread that shows mods for the Char-Broil Elec?
but to me......wouldn't be any diff, then using a hotplate......but i don't have any experince along those lines
Keep the chunk's OFF the element!
The sand pan mod. is the water pan, wrapped in foil, filled with sand about 3/4 the way and then topped with another piece of foil.
Sand stabilizes the heat swings better than liquid and when your done, replace the top piece of foil! Make's life a LOT easier!!
I got an ECB Smoke N Grill a couple of days ago.... I really like this forum!! ... I did all the mods, moved the legs outside and set the pan on top of a couple of 12" landscape blocks, drilled a hole on top of the lid and put a real thermometer in it, drilled a few holes in the charcoal pan and added a grate inside .............. WOW, what a great little smoker after the mods! Since yesterday smoked chicken and babybacks.
Chicken came out great, and I did the babybacks using the 211 method, perfect... Oh and this was my first time smoking!
Hey guys, don't forget to swing by the ECB Group and join up. We offer support for ECB Addicts, lol all are welcome. Show us your mods, what you are cooking or just hang out!
After reading all the mods on this forum I came up with my own little twist on the mod that requires re-mounting the legs on the outside. I had purchased this little trash can as an ash can to save all the coals that didn't burn completely (because of the lack of ventilation).
The ash that's in the can now is from the first attempt of this new mod. On the first attempt I put all the reclaimed coals in the fire pan to start the smoke of a couple racks of babybacks.
I used a landscaping timber spike to punch a bunch of holes into the fire pan and then I set it on top of the ash can (not pictured are 3 metal clips that I pulled out of my garage and put between the can and the pan to allow for some ventilation.
I then can set the rest of the smoker over the the fire pan.
This idea actually worked out great because when it came time to stoke the coals the ash fell down into the can below and allowed the coals to burn completely. On the second attempt I filled the pan with regular charcoal and the coals lasted for the duration of a 2-2-1 smoke of a rack of babyback ribs.
The legs aren't long enough so I had to use some broken pavers to prop up the smoker. I plan on going to the hardware store to find some replacement legs before my next smoke.
I know I should have taken photos while I was actually smoking the ribs but I was so caught up in the experiment that it slipped my mind. These photos were taken the day after when I was working on cleaning up. The temperature stayed well into the "Ideal" range for the entire 5 hours and I never had to add more coals. I can't wait to try a pork butt!
Here's a photo of my Smoke 'N Grill with the modified legs. Whenever I need to stoke the coals, add wood or more coals I just lift it off. This is the second smoke with these legs, the first time I smoked 3 rack of baby backs using 2-2-1 on 1 pan of coals. This photo was taken after 1 hour of smoking 3 racks of baby backs with Apple wood, The temp is the best I've seen so far.
- Brinkman Smoke'N Grill
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Smoker Build Blossoms into Massive Outdoor Kitchen Project 1 minute ago
- › August 2017 Throwdown "YardBird" Winners!!!! 8 minutes ago
- › Looking for a Lang 48 variant 9 minutes ago
- › Greetings from Malaysia 12 minutes ago
- › Beef Ribs 14 minutes ago
- › Smoked Chicken Fajitas 14 minutes ago
- › Another Brisket and Rib Story 17 minutes ago
- › QUESTIONS for you MES30/40 users 27 minutes ago
- › wish they had more than 3 bags 34 minutes ago
- › T-minus 11hrs to Dinner! 49 minutes ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods