Hello Brian, plenty of great advise here at the SMF. Read around and it might help you decide on a smoker. I think everyone here has bought one smoker and then upgraded/changed throughout theire smokin' times. Part of the learning curve.
Please tell us a little about how you plan to use your smoker and we will do our best to help you select one.
1. How many people are you planning on cooking for.
2. Do you know if you want wood, charcoal, gas or electric?
3. What do you plan on smoking
4. What kind of budget do you wish to work with
5. Do you want to build it yourself
Hey Brian, welcome from Montana also. You will have to forgive Gypsy, he stopped in the middle of his post, musta had to change a poopy diaper anyway, what he meant to say was, send the lobster to ME , and send the bill to him. again, welcome. Terry
Hey Brian, what part of Montana are ya coming to? I am in the NW corner, on the west shore of Flathead lake. If your gonna be any where close, and have time for a beer, give me a call and I will meet you and buy you a beer. I would enjoy meeting you and talkin some BBQ. Terry