Hey Tim & all that have the Oregon Scientific AW131...
I've been having problems with my wireless probes. I've been through two AW131's and another inferior one from Target, which ironically worked for longer than the AW131 did.
My problem with both of the AW131's is that for the life of me I can't get the base to sync with the monitor. Took the first one back to Lowes and the 2nd one is having the same issues, so something is up, probably with procedure. I've tried resetting both, changing batteries... nothing. All I can figure is that I've got some serious RF interference coming from somewhere in the 433MHz range. Pretty sure the first cheap Target one died because my wife submerged the probe in the dishwater... I've done that before with the hardwired ones I've used for frying and have found that that'll kill a probe quick - not sure why though.
Anyway, if any of you guys have had problems getting the monitor to pull a signal from the base, please let me know how you fixed it... I've got 4 boston butts in right now and I'm flying blind with them. OK, not ENTIRELY blind - I've got a regular probe that I left stuck in the bottom one.
First one to fix it gets some rep power!