or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pork Cuff

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Was wondering if any of you have ever heard of a cut of pork called a pork Cuff. Was talking this morning with Ben Lang and he mentioned he had thrown a couple "Pork Cuffs" on his smoker this morning and conversation got to somthin else befoe I could ask him what that was. Is it a regional term??
post #2 of 8
Have never heard of it here. I suspect that it would be near the hocks or are the hocks.

be iteresting if anyone knows for sure.
post #3 of 8
Sorry ..I never heard of that before either...may be a regional thing...could it be like ..ham hocks...
post #4 of 8
IMO which usually means nothing..lol

but a cuff to me would be where a joint moves... like rotator cuff.... shoulder joint
post #5 of 8
Well you sure got me stumped!! I even called my little brother (still cutting meat for a living) and he doesn't have a clue although he thought it might have something to do with the shoulder joint/forearm part of the hog.
post #6 of 8
Is it possible you misunderstood him? I can't even guess what a "cuff" could be.
post #7 of 8
Theresa...its not a term used in the proper nomenclature....must be something somebody decided to call it ,sometimes some shops will do this icon_rolleyes.gif
post #8 of 8
As a Chef I've never heard of them either.
But a cuff on clothes is located at the ankle or wrist and that is where a pork hock is located.That would be my guess.Kinda sounds like a British saying(or maybe Redneck?).
It'll be interesting to find out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pork