my GOSM mods.Ok a couple things I have done with my GOSM propane smoker to make it even better.
1. the top vent has tabs that keep it from closing all the way, I bent them up so it can close all the way. This gives me better venting control and it helps.
2. I cut 1 inch off the wire chip pan rack legs so it is shorter and now I can use a coffee can in place of the chip box even with the water pan in place. This also helps it smoke much faster. I use the chip box lid on the coffee can to prevent flame ups.
3. I replaced the regulator with a adjustable regulator so I can better control gas flow for lower temps on warm days.
4. I mounted casters to a metal plate and then set the smoker and propane tank on the dolly so I can wheel it around for easy storage in the garage and easy out in the drive for quick use without having to disconnect and reconnect the tank to move it.
5. I mounted a wooden rack on the side with screws to hold items that I like to keep handy. Hot mitts, meat thermometer , cold beer, ect.
6. I took a vent off the top of a old Weber grill and cut into the side of my GOSM and mounted it on the side near the bottom for additional venting when needed.
Anyone got any other improvements send them my way.