- categoryCharcoal Smokerstagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- Micro uds? Last post on 7/12/17 at 6:27am in UDS Builds
- Best Beginner Charcoal Smoker Last post on 6/9/17 at 8:05am in Charcoal Smokers
- Cutting "Notch" In WSM Drum For Temp Probe Wires Last post on 4/14/14 at 4:46am in Charcoal Smokers
- My UDS Build Last post on 9/26/13 at 6:21pm in UDS Builds
- Smoking with Wood on a Char Broil Silver Smoker Last post on 8/5/11 at 11:54pm in Wood Smokers
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
Charcoal Smoker Modifications - Page 5
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
i have access to a metal fab shop at work and am wondering if a 409 Stainless Steel is OK material to use
Got any more pics. I have a turkey fryer burner that I think is similar that I no longer use. I tried sitting my brinkman charcoal smoker down on it and it slid down to the water pan tabs. I think it will work like yours but I lack the knowledge to put it all together. Where do you put your wood for the smoke?
0711131810.jpg 25k .jpg file
0711131808a.jpg 26k .jpg file
Just finished doing some mods to my new COS($299). 4 horizontal latches to help tighten door seals($20), 2 water resistent ports($6) for maverick732 probes($59.99), flex dryer duct ($3) added to chimney to bring it to food level,baffle at firebox side($1 throwaway foil pan)), charcoal basket ($25 for sheet of expandable steel), tuning plates from old broiler pans I had in the basement ($0), they have slots and or wholes in them and disperse heat and smoke nicely, I also put 6 fireplace bricks($18) in the bottom of the barrel( good for long smokes, hold heat nicely), $96 for a thermopen, Almost forgot, after I took the pics, I put a bead of Rutland RTV 500 degree silicone all around the smoker door,so between that and the clamps, I'm hoping for no heat or smoke loss. The rest of the smoker doesn't leak except the firebox which is OK. So for a total of $528 ,I'll find out Saturday (want to give the RTV enough time to dry) if I have a great smoker that I didn't pay all that much for(and I enjoyed doing the mods), or if I should have waited till I could afford a $1000 or more smoker. I don't want electric or gas, I enjoy the challenge.
Remember the fire box is important to be leak resistant also!
You want complete temp control from the intake...not from leaks also.
Oh well back to Harbor Freight to get 2 more horizontal clamps, got plenty of Rutlands left, then again I'm sure the firebox is alot hotter than 500 degrees, better just try the clamps first. Thanks FWI
- Charcoal Smoker Modifications
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Just Ordered Kashimiri Red Chili Powder for Color... 57 seconds ago
- › Seasons first fatty 5 minutes ago
- › Sopressatta,Pepperoni,,Salami all finished 7/14/17 All First for me... 7 minutes ago
- › Rebranded Mav??? 8 minutes ago
- › Which smoker to buy 8 minutes ago
- › Get together in Pa **** date has been set. Oct 6-8 ****** 11 minutes ago
- › Maverick et-733 question. 27 minutes ago
- › Brined chicken update. 30 minutes ago
- › Pernil Asada Mango Chili Lime Pulled Pork 34 minutes ago
- › Newbie 38 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ