- categoryCharcoal Smokerstagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- Micro uds? Last post on 9/25/13 at 10:19am in UDS Builds
- Best Beginner Charcoal Smoker Last post on 10/26/14 at 8:23am in Charcoal Smokers
- Cutting "Notch" In WSM Drum For Temp Probe Wires Last post on 4/14/14 at 4:46am in Charcoal Smokers
- My UDS Build Last post on 9/26/13 at 6:21pm in UDS Builds
- Smoking with Wood on a Char Broil Silver Smoker Last post on 8/5/11 at 11:54pm in Wood Smokers
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
Charcoal Smoker Modifications - Page 5
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
i have access to a metal fab shop at work and am wondering if a 409 Stainless Steel is OK material to use
Got any more pics. I have a turkey fryer burner that I think is similar that I no longer use. I tried sitting my brinkman charcoal smoker down on it and it slid down to the water pan tabs. I think it will work like yours but I lack the knowledge to put it all together. Where do you put your wood for the smoke?
0711131810.jpg 25k .jpg file
0711131808a.jpg 26k .jpg file
Just finished doing some mods to my new COS($299). 4 horizontal latches to help tighten door seals($20), 2 water resistent ports($6) for maverick732 probes($59.99), flex dryer duct ($3) added to chimney to bring it to food level,baffle at firebox side($1 throwaway foil pan)), charcoal basket ($25 for sheet of expandable steel), tuning plates from old broiler pans I had in the basement ($0), they have slots and or wholes in them and disperse heat and smoke nicely, I also put 6 fireplace bricks($18) in the bottom of the barrel( good for long smokes, hold heat nicely), $96 for a thermopen, Almost forgot, after I took the pics, I put a bead of Rutland RTV 500 degree silicone all around the smoker door,so between that and the clamps, I'm hoping for no heat or smoke loss. The rest of the smoker doesn't leak except the firebox which is OK. So for a total of $528 ,I'll find out Saturday (want to give the RTV enough time to dry) if I have a great smoker that I didn't pay all that much for(and I enjoyed doing the mods), or if I should have waited till I could afford a $1000 or more smoker. I don't want electric or gas, I enjoy the challenge.
Remember the fire box is important to be leak resistant also!
You want complete temp control from the intake...not from leaks also.
Oh well back to Harbor Freight to get 2 more horizontal clamps, got plenty of Rutlands left, then again I'm sure the firebox is alot hotter than 500 degrees, better just try the clamps first. Thanks FWI
- Charcoal Smoker Modifications
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Today's double smoked ham. 23 seconds ago
- › Brisket time! 1 minute ago
- › my first brisket 9 minutes ago
- › Hickory Smoked Cheddar Kielbasa with pictures 13 minutes ago
- › 1st attempt snack sticks and summer sausage....SUCCESS!....IMO 14 minutes ago
- › First go at bacon (hot smoked) 17 minutes ago
- › Beef Dino Ribs (Heavy on Meat) 19 minutes ago
- › Here we go...rookie first time Boston Butt attempt. 22 minutes ago
- › Drunken Jerk wings and cheesy corn 26 minutes ago
- › Everglades Bacon Medallions 26 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ