I only read this forum...but I like this stuff and I am kicking this back to the top. good stuff...thanks
- topicBriskettagged by System, 9/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Finishing Sauce for Brisket - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #42 of 446/1/15 at 6:10ampost #43 of 449/8/16 at 9:31amQuote:Originally Posted by ranger72
Hi There ultramag!
This sauce is fantastic on Brisket! But I warn you Ladies and Gentlemen; The Cholesterol Cops will be blowing their whistles on this one!
Lone Steer Brisket Sauce
3/4 pound Beef Fat cut from Steaks,roasts or Brisket :shock:
2 Cups Ketchup
1/2 cup freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
1/2 cup freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
1/2 cup Bourbon
1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
1 onion, small chop
1 Tablespoon Smoky Hungarian Paprika
1 Teaspoon Celery Salt
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
Chop fat into large chunks and render in a cast iron skillet over medium heat until there is about 1 cup of fat in the pan.
Discard unmelted fat and any unwanted fiber that is left over in the melted fat.
Add all remaining ingredients and cover simmering 45 minutes to an Hour. Stirring so as not to burn.
Bottle or put in a sauceboat to pass around at the table
The recipe for this comes from Barbecue America by Rick Browne & Jack Bettridge
They say they got the recipe from afriend who scored it from an un-named pitmaster at a tiny, greasy, smoky and incredibly popular Hole-In-The-Wall barbecue joint on the outskirts of Fort Worth!
I have made and used this many times and it is simple and primo!
OTBS # 14
Hey there ranger72, I'm gonna try this Finishing sauce this weekend... Here's a question though, with all that fat, how does this store in the fridge for leftovers? Does is solidify and need to be heated up?post #44 of 449/12/16 at 1:52pm
Great (old) thread!
Question: I pulled a couple pounds of my brisket and am saving it for tailgating at the Bills game this Thursday night! Should I put some of this finishing sauce on it NOW in the ziploc bag so that it moistens up a bit while in the fridge, or would you add it the day of when it is time to heat it up again?
PS - No comments on my crappy team, please. LOL. It's all about the tailgate anyhow!
- Finishing Sauce for Brisket
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › How to Charge for whole smoked turkey? 3 minutes ago
- › Newbie and needs some solid advice on purchase 3 minutes ago
- › PWE Pastrami Finally Done! The Slices and the Sandwich! 11 minutes ago
- › Smoked a couple birds. 15 minutes ago
- › Raspberry Pi Fan/Temp controller questions... 17 minutes ago
- › 500 Gallon Reverse Flow heating issues 21 minutes ago
- › One Grill Rotisserie Flat Basket Fix for 5/16" Spit Rods 22 minutes ago
- › The Smokin Monkey Cook Book 41 minutes ago
- › Pellet smoke not as strong as natural wood 45 minutes ago
- › Dirtsailor's Mega Mother of all Cooking links index 48 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona