- 2,112 Posts. Joined 4/2006
- Location: Clinton, MO
- Points: 11
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicBriskettagged by System, 9/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
Finishing Sauce for Brisket - Page 2post #21 of 441/19/07 at 11:25pmThread StarterGlad to hear you liked it Chris. FYI, the pulled brisket with this sauce freezes and keeps very well doing like pulled pork. Must be the whiskey, it seems to get better with age. ;)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 441/23/07 at 12:39pmpost #23 of 441/23/07 at 6:40pmpost #24 of 441/29/07 at 5:43pmpost #25 of 441/29/07 at 9:16pm
Re: Finishing Sauce for BrisketI just found this forum and Here's my 1st Post. I can't wait to try this finishing sauce as I've tried to use the wonderfully flavored drippings from my Briskets to make sauces but I've always found them Too smokey. I've tried to use the fat in Roux's, and added the watery dripping to bbq sauces with the same result, Too Smokey. But, I have to admit I like a Good smoke flavor in my meat.... Maybe, in small amounts it could work. I usually don't put any sauce on Brisket when it's recently cooked, Doesn't really need any thanks to my rub, But.... I've tried lots of sauces on Brisket leftovers and Burnt Ends , and the best taste I've found comes from Head Country. When I first tried it, out of the bottle, I thought it was.... too sweet, But when I added it to some dryer leftover Brisket, Wow, what a flavor enhancer. It's the best I've Tasted. Great Forum BTW, now I gotta go look at all those archives. Thanks, 2nd Hand.post #26 of 441/29/07 at 9:51pm
Re: Finishing Sauce for BrisketHello 2nd Hand and welcome to the SMF! You might want to check out Jeff'e free 5-day smoking e-course since it is chock full of good info :D ! Hope you enjoy and feel free to ask questions and post pics :) . Daunpost #27 of 441/29/07 at 9:51pm
Re: Finishing Sauce for BrisketHello 2nd Hand and welcome to the SMF! You might want to check out Jeff'e free 5-day smoking e-course since it is chock full of good info :D ! Hope you enjoy and feel free to ask questions and post pics :) . Daunpost #28 of 442/7/07 at 8:08pmI tried to make some once. I foiled my brisket at 170*, and then cooked it to 200*. I had put a little apple juice on the brisket with some beef bouilon and a bit of instant coffee with it.
After it was done, I poured the "juice" in a container and let it sit in the fridge for a bit to let the fat jell. I spooned it off, and then added some ketchup and worchestire sauce. It is simple and really good. The family loves it.
Billpost #29 of 447/15/07 at 12:34amResurrecting a dead sticky...THIS SAUCE WAS AWESOME!!!
I didn't have enough fat to render and my 3.5lb brisket left meager drippings if any, so I used a cup of beef broth. The sauce was fantastic on my brisket made with my homemade rub and sprayed with jack and lemon juice.post #30 of 4410/3/07 at 7:56pmpost #31 of 4410/3/07 at 9:05pmthe ends of a packer???? i use them or trim & sear some fatcap & add it to my pintos. or add to the aujus & thicken a bit w/ cornstarch for pulled brisket.post #32 of 4412/15/07 at 10:48ampost #33 of 443/9/08 at 6:53pmpost #34 of 445/30/08 at 11:50pm
Question?I just made it, yummy, I didn't have any bourbon, so used some vodka for some kick. I know the alcohol will go away, but everythig else. Threw in some burnt ends and simmered for an hour. Now for the Q. Has anyone pureed the onions and do you remove the burnt ends. And what about all that grease? Do you tighten it up with a binder like flour or corn starch? If not how will the sauce flow if using a squeeze bottle.
I can see if you just add it to the brisket as is, it would work, but in a bottle?
Thanks, again all.post #35 of 447/4/10 at 7:33am
Quote:Originally Posted by ronp
I just made it, yummy, I didn't have any bourbon, so used some vodka for some kick. I know the alcohol will go away, but everythig else. Threw in some burnt ends and simmered for an hour. Now for the Q. Has anyone pureed the onions and do you remove the burnt ends. And what about all that grease? Do you tighten it up with a binder like flour or corn starch? If not how will the sauce flow if using a squeeze bottle.
I can see if you just add it to the brisket as is, it would work, but in a bottle?
Thanks, again all.
In absence of bourbon, you might want to try some rum or something else. Vodka's appeal in many cocktails is because its relatively flavorless. Once you cook off the alcohol in vodka, there's not much flavor left.
post #36 of 448/11/10 at 2:30pm
This sounds fantastic! I've been wrapping my brisket in foil to finish and using the juices in the foil, but this might be even better.
Thanks for the recipe.
DarrenLang 84 DeluxeUDSWeber Performerpost #37 of 445/11/11 at 3:51pm
Ultramag,why in the world would you need with a finishing sauce with Brisket??? Does your Meat not sell itself??
The only thing on my table is a little bit of condiments for those less informed!
The only thing on a Brisket I call ends are the crumbs (from slicing the Flat) and add the the defatted,broken up point.You may want some juice on your sammie of this crunchy stuff,along with Red Onion and Dill Pickle slices on a Bun and some Pinto Beans with PP in them and a big ole Soda.Other than that,I'm fine
Have fun and...post #38 of 445/12/11 at 3:43ampost #39 of 444/18/12 at 3:32pm
i pull the point and slic the flat i started that way and did not look back i love the point pulled and give the sliced sh-it to the ones that dont no good food.lolpost #40 of 445/20/12 at 9:25am
- Finishing Sauce for Brisket
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Old Country BBQ Pits Wrangler Smoker Review 2 minutes ago
- › First official smoke and temp test 6 minutes ago
- › 1st time ribs 9 minutes ago
- › I smoke because I hate pot roast. 10 minutes ago
- › 007 Baked Pepperoni Pizza Rolls! 10 minutes ago
- › Freezing belly 12 minutes ago
- › Third batch of bacon started. 12 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt Smokers (Bear’s Thoughts & Findings) 15 minutes ago
- › smoking turkey 18 minutes ago
- › HOT & FAST BUTT, with JUDY'S PRETZEL BUNS, THANKS MossyMo! 24 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ