or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

tri tip

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
Exactly what is tri tip and exactly what do I ask for when I go to the butcher.

Thanks in advance
post #2 of 5

Re: tri tip

Hightower, the tri-tip comes off the bottom of the sirloin. Way back when I was cutting meat, this was usually cut into cubes for beef stew or ground into hamburger as there is only two tri-tip strips per beef. Markets now get boxed beef and so the tri-tip is now more common. Back in my day, we had to "break down" the front and rear quarters of beef.

Here in the lower 48 the tri-tip is marketed as tri-tip or as a triangle roast.
post #3 of 5

Re: tri tip

Tri tip is a cut of meat from the bottom sirloin area.. it is also known as "triangular roast" and it is boneless, extremely tender and full of flavor.

Lots of people use it for stir fry or on skewers but it works great in the smoker as well.
post #4 of 5

Re: tri tip

Earl.. I guess great minds think alike. We posted at almost the same time :lol:
post #5 of 5

Re: tri tip

Jeff, Yep that what I always say. . ."GREAT minds do think alike!" Good to be in such good company!!! :) :) :)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beef