SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Grilling Beef › Quick Surf & Turf (with Visitors)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Quick Surf & Turf (with Visitors)

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

 

Quick Surf & Turf  (with Visitors)

 

 

This will be our first Ribeye on the Grill since Mrs Bear got home.

 

Plus some Sautéed Shrimp for the Bear. (Mrs Bear doesn’t eat seafood)

 

Sure is cheap to eat now that we both eat smaller portions than we used to eat. We can even share one Steak, instead of making 2 Steaks & having part of one left over.

 

So I marinated the Steak in some Teriyaki Marinade for a few hours, & the rest is below in the Pics & Captions.

 

Had 3 Fawns come for a visit again, but their Mom was in the Thickets.

 

 

Thanks for Stopping By,

 

Bear

 

 

 

Some Shrimp to feed the Bear:

 

 

 

Looking Good:

 

 

 

Let's see the inside---Oh Yeah:

 

 

 

Ribeye, Sauteed Shrimp, Green Beans, and Taters Au Gratin:

 

 

 

Next Day's Breakfast:

 

 

 

Great Start for the day (I managed to save one lonely Shrimp):

 

 

 

Here's two of my Visitors:

 

 

 

Not easy to get all 3 in one Pic---They don't stop running very often:

 

 

 

The End.......

post #2 of 14

Great pics my friend, My kind of meal for sure.   :drool

 

points1.png

 

Gary

post #3 of 14

Great looking meal glad to see things are back to normal around your house.

 

Great photo of your visitors isn't that so relaxing to sit and watch.   points1.png for both great meal and photo.

 

Warren

post #4 of 14

Everything looks delicious bear!

 

Nicely done!

 

Thumbs Up  Al

post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post
 

Great pics my friend, My kind of meal for sure.   :drool

 

points1.png

 

Gary


Thank You Gary!!

 

And for the Points.

 

Bear

post #6 of 14
Shrimps or steak which to fork first, a hard decision.
Great meal.
points1.png
post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfSmoked View Post
 

Great looking meal glad to see things are back to normal around your house.

 

Great photo of your visitors isn't that so relaxing to sit and watch.   points1.png for both great meal and photo.

 

Warren


Thank You Warren!!

She's doing Great, and I'm getting a lot of rest now.

 

And Thanks for the Points.

 

Bear

post #8 of 14

Nice. Bet that baby venison makes for some tender steaks!...JJ

post #9 of 14
As always, everything looks great.

"Sure is cheap to eat now that we both eat smaller portions than we used to eat. We can even share one Steak, instead of making 2 Steaks & having part of one left over."

Amen to that. Bear, I don't know how close we are in age but it's been strangely difficult to figure out our grocery situation since the oldest moved out. Used to be a new entree about every week night. Now with just the youngest in the house it seems we have leftovers 3-4 times/week. On top of that, my wife and I definitely eat less each meal than we did even a few years ago.

Am I a walking bullseye for a vacuum sealer??? Great food doesn't seem to be conducive to small portions. Especially great BBQ.
post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAl View Post
 

Everything looks delicious bear!

 

Nicely done!

 

Thumbs Up  Al

 

Thank You Al !!

 

And Thanks for the Points.

 

Bear

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileRelleno View Post

Shrimps or steak which to fork first, a hard decision.
Great meal.
points1.png

 

Thank You Chile!!

Yes that can be a hard decision!! Many things run through my mind, like "I dislike cold Steak more than I hate cold Shrimp", or "I'd rather have some Steak left over for tomorrow's Breakfast than a few Shrimp".

And Thanks for the Points.

 

Bear

post #11 of 14
Good looking meal. I just may be in one of your "visitor" photos one day.
post #12 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef JimmyJ View Post
 

Nice. Bet that baby venison makes for some tender steaks!...JJ


Thanks Jimmy!!

 

I never tried any, but they would have to be.

 

 

Bear

post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlgrad2002 View Post

As always, everything looks great.

"Sure is cheap to eat now that we both eat smaller portions than we used to eat. We can even share one Steak, instead of making 2 Steaks & having part of one left over."

Amen to that. Bear, I don't know how close we are in age but it's been strangely difficult to figure out our grocery situation since the oldest moved out. Used to be a new entree about every week night. Now with just the youngest in the house it seems we have leftovers 3-4 times/week. On top of that, my wife and I definitely eat less each meal than we did even a few years ago.

Am I a walking bullseye for a vacuum sealer??? Great food doesn't seem to be conducive to small portions. Especially great BBQ.


Thank You David!!

 

You got it ALL right, and I'll be 69 yrs old in Jan.

 

Oh Yeah----We couldn't go without the Vac Sealer----Almost as important as the Freezer itself.

 

And now with the Sous Vide, I'm able to slice up my leftover Smoked Prime Rib, and reheat one slice at a time, and it ends up just like it was coming out of the smoker---Not cooked to much, like other methods of re-heating.

 

And Thanks for the Points.

 

Bear

post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xray View Post

Good looking meal. I just may be in one of your "visitor" photos one day.


Thank You Xray!!!

 

And Thanks for the Points.

 

 

Bear

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Grilling Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Grilling Beef › Quick Surf & Turf (with Visitors)