Here we go. Have fun. Please remember to keep any comments you post on this thread general. It's okay to post things like "everything looks great". It's not okay to post things like " I love Number 2 and everyone should vote for that one". Any posts deemed in appropriate will be removed by the MOD staff.
The entries are in no particular order. I placed names in a hat and drew them out. When voting the number listed in the poll corresponds with the entry number show before each dish.
The photos are the original photos, formatted as best as possible to keep them all similar sizes but otherwise un-edited.
Winners of this Throwdown will receive a Lavatool Javelin Instant Read Thermometer and a Pacific Northwest care package.
The entries are:
1. Cast Iron Skillet Smoked Seafood Paella. Open Pit Fire with Oak Wood: Saute of the chorizo and calamari followed by making of the sofrito and then adding the rice and broth. Just as socarrat began to form removed from fire.PBC with hickory: Salmon, shrimp, and mussels added to top of paella and put on PBC for about 30 minutes until shrimp were done and mussels opened and salmon was firm
2. Smoked salmon and asparagus in a light cream sauce, flavored with dill and lemon, tossed with home made parsley fettuccini.
3. Applewood smoked seafood tower appetizer: bacon wrapped smoked stuffed shrimp, smoked whole belly clams casino, and smoked crab legs. All served with a smoked garlic & parsley butter
4. Kiawi Smoked Littleneck Clams on the half shell. Cherry smoked Scallops in drawn Butter then Reverse Seared Scungilli Salad with Texas Toast Garlic Bread. Fresh Pasta with Garlic Butter Wine Sauce, Grape Tomatoes & Basil Some extra grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese and a glass of White Wine
5. Fire Grilled Blackened Redfish Filet and Shrimp Scampi, Smoked ABT's with Crawfish, and Andouille, and some grilled yellow corn!
6. A friend went to Alaska for salmon run and got me a great 12 lb Coho. Cold smoked it with apple and cherry wood. Got some puff pastry from the store and made smoked salmon sandwich with greens from my garden, home made black garlic sauce and goat cheese.