I realize this forum section is about how to cure and smoke bacon. However, once you've done all that work, how do you actually cook it??
I have tried a lot of different methods over the years:
- Fry in a non-stick skillet. Alternatively, fry in stainless skillet, or fry in a CI skillet.
- Fry on my electric griddle.
- Microwave on a special bacon rack. Alternatively, microwave in between two pieces of paper towel.
- Bake in the oven (various recipes and temperatures).
- BBQ on the Weber gas grill.
My current method is to use a really large non-stick Dutch oven because the height of the sides keeps almost all the splatters and pops from getting on the cooktop (I use a wire screen splatter shield on the top which catches the little bit that still makes it to the top). I turn down the heat after the fat starts to render in order to avoid burning.
I have seen some pretty crazy ideas, including doing it on a waffle iron, or doing it in a deep fat fryer (really???).
I am curious if others have a favorite way to cook their bacon?