SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Non-fish Seafood › Lobster Tail,Bacon wrapped Asparagus
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lobster Tail,Bacon wrapped Asparagus - Page 2

post #21 of 39
Thread Starter 

Finished the left overs and the Steamed Tail

Home made Cocktail Sauce

The rest of the Smoked and Asparagus 

Thanks again

Richie

post #22 of 39
Looks great. Two of my favorites: Lobster and asparagus. Plus bacon makes anything better!

I like the bundle idea, never thought to do it that way.
post #23 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xray View Post

Looks great. Two of my favorites: Lobster and asparagus. Plus bacon makes anything better!

I like the bundle idea, never thought to do it that way.


Xray Thanks it was a first for me I have heard of it,Definitely will do again Thanks for the point I appreciate it

Richie 

post #24 of 39

Richie,

Did you do anything special in preparing the lobster before tossing it on the grill?   Nice combo with the Asparagus.

post #25 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmayna View Post
 

Richie,

Did you do anything special in preparing the lobster before tossing it on the grill?   Nice combo with the Asparagus.


Craig I only rinsed it off,package said it had some preservative.They were from Brazil Thanks 

Richie

post #26 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmayna View Post
 

Richie,

Did you do anything special in preparing the lobster before tossing it on the grill?   Nice combo with the Asparagus.


I'm with RIchie on this, Craig:  just rinse them and go.  Only thing I'll sometimes do differently is baste them a couple of times with a butter/garlic/dry white wine mix while they're on the grates.

post #27 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr0uch0 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmayna View Post
 

Richie,

Did you do anything special in preparing the lobster before tossing it on the grill?   Nice combo with the Asparagus.


I'm with RIchie on this, Craig:  just rinse them and go.  Only thing I'll sometimes do differently is baste them a couple of times with a butter/garlic/dry white wine mix while they're on the grates.


First time I try something I like to be as plain as possible.

Richie

post #28 of 39

Richie, that is some fine looking food! :points: Which was better the single or bunch wrapped asparagus?

post #29 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMoon View Post
 

Richie, that is some fine looking food! :points: Which was better the single or bunch wrapped asparagus?

The bunch was way better! Going for the extra crispy Bacon on the single seemed burnt.Both Bacon and Asparagus.Could be a first time mishap.

Richie

Thanks for the point I appreciate it.

post #30 of 39
Very nice meal my friend, I could eat that every other day ! Very nice ! icon14.gif
post #31 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterinHoleBrew View Post

Very nice meal my friend, I could eat that every other day ! Very nice ! icon14.gif


Justin Thank you my friend I will be doing these again for sure Thanks for the point I appreciate it 

Richie

post #32 of 39

Richie,

What flavor wood did you use / recommend?   Going to try this dish tomorrow.

post #33 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmayna View Post
 

Richie,

What flavor wood did you use / recommend?   Going to try this dish tomorrow.


Not Richie, Craig, but I will typically use something light for shellfish & mollusks:  fruit woods or alder.  Oak, pecan, hickory, and certainly mesquite (in that order) can overwhelm quickly if not used sparingly.


Edited by gr0uch0 - 3/3/17 at 4:53pm
post #34 of 39
Looks really tasty! drool.gif
post #35 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmayna View Post
 

Richie,

What flavor wood did you use / recommend?   Going to try this dish tomorrow.

Craig I used a handful of Peach chips.

Richie

post #36 of 39

Awesome, thanks for the reply.  I have lots of apple chunks just for Mr. Weber meeting with the Lobsters.  Richie, BTW, the wife is not happy with you enticing me into cooking with more bacon.  How is this family going to lose weight with all this smoking going on?

post #37 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmayna View Post
 

Awesome, thanks for the reply.  I have lots of apple chunks just for Mr. Weber meeting with the Lobsters.  Richie, BTW, the wife is not happy with you enticing me into cooking with more bacon.  How is this family going to lose more weight with all this smoking going on?


Oh My bad so I tell ya what to do

Do the single Asparagus (reason) slicing bacon long ways and wrapping burns calories :laugh1:

Richie

post #38 of 39

That looks like my kind of meal, Richie.  Two of my favs.  If I could afford the price of lobster out here in Alberta, I'd eat it a couple of times a week.

 

You never said, but how did the asparagus turn out?  How long did you cook it?

 

POINTS!!!

 

Gary

post #39 of 39
Thread Starter 

Gary from what I remember they were cooked about 20 min.,indirect then finished over the coals. I went for smoke then seared them

Richie

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Non-fish Seafood
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Non-fish Seafood › Lobster Tail,Bacon wrapped Asparagus