New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Air Fryer Testing

post #1 of 37
Thread Starter 

Air Fryer Testing

I promised I’d post some stuff when I get using this new Air Fryer, so here is a start.

This thing won’t take the place of Smoking or Grilling, but it works pretty good for small amounts of various things.

It’s also nice & warm in my kitchen, and with my Numb Leg & messed up arm, I don’t have to carry anything too far.

Just another toy for an old guy to play with.

The Fries are the best I ever had.
The Fresh Sausage was very Juicy & Tasty.
The Little Smokies are real good too, and will be Great with my Morning Eggs for awhile.


Bear



Pricking holes with a Fork:





Sausages ready to get Hot & Tasty:





Sausages after 14 minutes of 360°—Flipped at 7 minutes:





A little BBQ sauce on a Steak Roll:





Threw some Hot Peppers on top:





Second Day I cut some Fries & soaked them in cold water:





Then Drained, rinsed, and Dried Fries. Sprayed lightly with Olive Oil 
and Sprinkled some “Tony Chachere’s Salt Free” on them.
Then into the Air Fryer for 18 minutes at 400°—Flipped at 10 minutes:





Shook some Frank’s Hot Sauce on this roll first:





Then added the BBQ sauce, and plated my Sammy & Fries, all made in the Air Fryer:





One more experiment for the day. Some Little Smokys—2 batches, because I don’t want them stacked:





Set the Air Fryer at 390° for 5 minutes:





Both batches after Air Frying. (Should last me nearly a Week):





Breakfast for the Bear:


 

post #2 of 37

Looks good, Very interesting, I have been interested it these for awhile. Thx, Bear

post #3 of 37

That's neat !!  Color is spot on,and not greasy.  Two of my favorite stand-by's  Frank's & Tony's   Nice job Mr. Bear  points1.png

 

Gary

post #4 of 37
I have a buddy with one of these here and he loves it. Makes Potatoe skins and chicken wings all the time.
post #5 of 37

Man another idea that 's going to cost money like the idea of grease less food looks great. Can pass on the potatoes would be doing sausages and I see where Brian mention wings now that I could really go for.  points1.pngfor great idea of posting for us to see the in action.

 

Warren

post #6 of 37

Bear that looks very good the food,I have such a limited amount of space.What kind of sausage was that?

Richie

 

:points:

post #7 of 37
Everything looks great... we loving our air fryer as well... We have one with the pull out drawer type basket as well... as usual... If we were to do it all over we would go with the bigger one... the one with the basket on top and a lid.. much bigger ...
post #8 of 37
Interesting,how crisp were the fries?
post #9 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB Canuck View Post
 

Looks good, Very interesting, I have been interested it these for awhile. Thx, Bear

Thank You AB !!

 

Bear

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary s View Post
 

That's neat !!  Color is spot on,and not greasy.  Two of my favorite stand-by's  Frank's & Tony's   Nice job Mr. Bear  points1.png

 

Gary

 

Thank You Gary!!

Yup--All the grease goes through the bottom holes in the basket & accumulates in the bottom of the drawer.

 

And Thanks for the Points.

 

Bear

post #10 of 37
I really don't know anyone who has one of the air fryers so I have not seen how things come out. Thanks for posting!
post #11 of 37

I've seen them on TV & in the store.

 

Looks like a handy gadget to have around the house.

 

Al

post #12 of 37

All that food looks great Bear!!!

 

So is that the 3.4 quart or the 5.3 quart??

 

Really need to get one just ain't sure which one.

 

 

Mike

post #13 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post

Air Fryer Testing





Both batches after Air Frying. (Should last me nearly a Week):



A Week!!! They would last me an Hour sausage.gif


Thanks for the review Bear
post #14 of 37
We use ours mainly for fries & small batches of wings. I'm going to try sausage now!
Amazing how it browns & crisps without oil...
post #15 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmudd14474 View Post

I have a buddy with one of these here and he loves it. Makes Potatoe skins and chicken wings all the time.

 

Thanks Brian!!

The first thing I did was Chicken Thighs, and they tasted like flour.

After reading a lot on the Web, I believe that was because I didn't spray a little olive oil on them. I'll be trying them again. We'll see.

 

Bear

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfSmoked View Post
 

Man another idea that 's going to cost money like the idea of grease less food looks great. Can pass on the potatoes would be doing sausages and I see where Brian mention wings now that I could really go for.  points1.pngfor great idea of posting for us to see the in action.

 

Warren

Thank You Warren!!

The Fries are Awesome!!  And Healthy!!

And Thanks for the Points.

 

Bear

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruiserguy View Post
 

All that food looks great Bear!!!

 

So is that the 3.4 quart or the 5.3 quart??

 

Really need to get one just ain't sure which one.

 

 

Mike

 

Hi Mike!

Mine is the 3.4 quart.

If you have an outlet that will handle it, I would definitely go with the 5.3 Quart.

 

Bear

post #16 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQBrett View Post

I really don't know anyone who has one of the air fryers so I have not seen how things come out. Thanks for posting!

 

Thanks Brett !!

I'll be trying other things sometime.

 

Bear

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAl View Post
 

I've seen them on TV & in the store.

 

Looks like a handy gadget to have around the house.

 

Al

 

I like it.

Easy to use & easy to clean!!

 

Bear

post #17 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMcG View Post
A Week!!! They would last me an Hour sausage.gif


Thanks for the review Bear

 

 

Thank You Dan!!

 

It's not easy, but I still got about half of them left.

 

 

Bear

post #18 of 37
Has anyone cooked fish in theirs been debating on getting one.
post #19 of 37
Bear...you are badddddddddddddd pushed me over the top. My air fryer will be here Wednesday.
Thanks for the review.

Lamar
post #20 of 37
false
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar View Post

Bear...you are badddddddddddddd pushed me over the top. My air fryer will be here Wednesday.
Thanks for the review.

Lamar
Lamar don't tease us where did you order price style etc enquiring minds want to know
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion