I picked up a shoulder and made some ham with Pops6927 method which can be found here:
Followed the curing brine recipe and I was very happy with the result. I think next time I will add some cloves or something as well to make it a little more mine and just mess with it in general.
It was a smaller ham so I did not inject the brine. I worked except for a very small area in the very center you may or may not be able to see in the pic below. I cured it for 2 weeks.
Start. Hard to beat that price on sale.
I had a great pic of my knifework taking off the skin but it seems to have disappeared! I was very happy with my knifework. Here it is going into the cure. I used a gallon ziploc with water to hold it down. Cured 2 weeks.
Rinsed and dried in the fridge overnight. 4-5 hours (cant exactly remember) at around 250F with oak and pecan to an IT of 160F.
Did some picking right off the smoker. Delish. I decided to get the bone out. Just went for it no youtube videos or anything. I think I did OK.
There was about a 1inch by 1inch piece that looked like it was not cured right next to the bone in the center of the ham. I just cut it out and discarded it. May be hard to see I am not the best photographer.
Ham bone and some outer pieces made stock for some creamy ham and bean soup with small green onions, cilantro and a bit of rosemary and thyme.
The rest was used for Ham Carbanara. I guess I have to feed the crummy kid too!
Thanks Pops6927 for the original post with recipe. Thanks to everyone else on this forum alot of good info and ideas. And thanks for looking.