SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Recipes Only › Side Items › Whup@$$ Coleslaw,
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Whup@$$ Coleslaw,

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
This is my Whup@$$ Coleslaw recipe, it has a nice tangy kick.


This recipe makes a very wet creamy slaw.
I like it with a lot of sauce, adjust to your liking.

2 med- lrg heads of cabbage, cored, quartered and sliced thin
1 medium red onion, halved & sliced thin
4C Mayo
1T fresh cracked Black Pepper
1t Cayenne pepper
2t prepared Horseradish
2T Apple Cider vinegar
2T Lemon juice

Mix Mayo, horseradish and spices
Add in vinegar & lemon very slowly while whisking to avoid seperation.
Combine with cabbage/onion and mix well.
Refrigerate for several hours or better overnight.

Makes approx 20 1/2C servings.

Enjoy!
post #2 of 17
Gonna have to try it thanks
post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 
Alright, think I'll be making some of my Whup@$$ Slaw tomorrow.
I'll be able to add some pics to go with this thread.

Mmmm, mmm, gonna use my regular Pickled Onions in at least some of this.
post #4 of 17
Thread Starter 
This thread need some pics

Made a batch of my Whup@$$ Coleslaw to go with my Brisket and Butt
I normally forego carrot in my slaws, but the family wanted it.
I'll be adding some of my pickled onions to some of this later.









I cut this down since I;m only feeding the family

1 Medium head of cabbage, cored, quartered and sliced thin
1/2 medium onion, sliced thin
2C Mayo
1/2T fresh cracked Black Pepper
1/2t Cayenne pepper
1t prepared horseradish
1T Apple Cider vinegar
1T Lemon juice

Mix Mayo, horseradish and spices
Add in vinegar & lemon very slowly while whisking to avoid separation.
Combine with cabbage/onion and mix well.
Refrigerate for several hours or better overnight.
Edited by ChileRelleno - 11/7/16 at 8:45am
post #5 of 17

Looks good....I'm with you and like my Slaw Creamy but the family likes it dressed like a salad. So there is always 2 bowls chillin' till supper...JJ

post #6 of 17

Looks real good!

 

We like our slaw creamy too!

 

Al

post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAl View Post

Looks real good!

We like our slaw creamy too!

Al
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef JimmyJ View Post

Looks good....I'm with you and like my Slaw Creamy but the family likes it dressed like a salad. So there is always 2 bowls chillin' till supper...JJ
Thanks guys.
post #8 of 17

Thanks for the recipe.

 I found the trick of adding Horse Radish a year or so ago.  It takes coleslaw to whole new level

 

-brian

post #9 of 17
Now you are ready to try a West Virginia Sauce and Slaw hot dog? Try hotdog on bun with chili meat sauce(usually no bean like competition chili) and your slaw on top of the chili . Add black pepper and salt on top to taste. Try it and let me know if you are a fan.
post #10 of 17

made half batch of this and wow is it good!!! thanks for sharing

post #11 of 17

Just made this.  Great recipe.   No sugar added which is what I was looking for. 

post #12 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine View Post

Thanks for the recipe.
 I found the trick of adding Horse Radish a year or so ago.  It takes coleslaw to whole new level

-brian
Yep, gotta luv the Horseradish.
post #13 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 61sleepercab View Post

Now you are ready to try a West Virginia Sauce and Slaw hot dog? Try hotdog on bun with chili meat sauce(usually no bean like competition chili) and your slaw on top of the chili . Add black pepper and salt on top to taste. Try it and let me know if you are a fan.
Chile dog with slaw? Man y'all WV yankee hillbillies ain't got the original license on that, if anyone does I'd give favor to NC.
LOL, just yanking your chain... Chile dogs with slaw are pretty good eats.
post #14 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post

made half batch of this and wow is it good!!! thanks for sharing
Glad you like it. Thanks.
post #15 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilder View Post

Just made this.  Great recipe.   No sugar added which is what I was looking for. 
Thanks for the compliment.
post #16 of 17
Thread Starter 
We have 20+ people coming tomorrow for Easter BBQ Lunch and Egg Hunt.
Time to make a big batch of Whup@$$ Coleslaw.

A huge tray of smoked beans, a big ham, four smoked/grilled spatchcocked chickens and 6#s of Conecuh sausage.
post #17 of 17
Thread Starter 
Full recipe as per original post.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Side Items
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Recipes Only › Side Items › Whup@$$ Coleslaw,