or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Smoking Bacon › Back (Canadian) Bacon 3 Ways
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Back (Canadian) Bacon 3 Ways - Page 2

post #21 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

Beautiful work Disco as always.

Thanks, Adam!

post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
 

Thanks, Brian! I was being unkind. I don't do all metric myself. I still use inches and feet.

 

I think you will like them Red! Thanks for the point!


LOL You don't have an unkind bone in you body Disco! B

post #23 of 27

 Another great post, Disco. I'm all out of back bacon and it's about the time of year to make some.

 I've always used Pop's brine before but I may just try it dry this time.

 Point for you.

 

Chuck

post #24 of 27
Looks great Disco! It's about time I make some more the bacon stock is getting slim in the freezer!
post #25 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSkelly View Post
 


LOL You don't have an unkind bone in you body Disco! B

Well, there is this one my back that hurts from time to time...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovebolt View Post
 

 Another great post, Disco. I'm all out of back bacon and it's about the time of year to make some.

 I've always used Pop's brine before but I may just try it dry this time.

 Point for you.

 

Chuck

I sure won't question using Pop's brine. I use a variation on my loin hams and pastrami. I have done both for bacon and the difference is minimal but I think it has a bit more of a bacon texture with the dry but it is marginal.

 

Thanks for the point, Chuck!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Looks great Disco! It's about time I make some more the bacon stock is getting slim in the freezer!

No bacon in the freezer is unforgivable! Get with it, Case!

post #26 of 27
I've been working on a "side by side" for you, Disco. The TQ "Canadian Bacon" was done last week and your version of "Back Bacon" will be ready in a couple of days. If I don't crash and burn I'll make a post of it 🙂
Just out of curiosity, when you buy back bacon at the grocery, is it cooked or uncooked?
Dan
post #27 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyMose View Post

I've been working on a "side by side" for you, Disco. The TQ "Canadian Bacon" was done last week and your version of "Back Bacon" will be ready in a couple of days. If I don't crash and burn I'll make a post of it 🙂
Just out of curiosity, when you buy back bacon at the grocery, is it cooked or uncooked?
Dan

I am looking forward to the post. The back bacon in the store is cured but they don't guarantee it is fully cooked so I always fry and it and don't assume it is safe to eat right off the chunk.

 

I did nothing but TQ until I ran out and my local store stopped carrying it so I was forced to Prague Powder #1. The only difference I noted was I was able to cut back on the salt even more by using the Prague powder so the bacon was a little less salty. I am really interested in your tasting comparison to see if it is just me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Smoking Bacon
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Smoking Bacon › Back (Canadian) Bacon 3 Ways