Here's a failed Sous Vide cook "Carnitas". This was a total fail.
- Topped with my version of Taco Bell Hot Sauce.
Taco Bell Hot Sauce (success but can be tweaked a bit)
Place in sauce pan and stir well, simmer at a very low temperature for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove and cool.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 oz, Franks red hot
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 heaping teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 2 tablespoons canned finely chopped jalapeno slices
Looks Good, Don't It?. Looks are deceiving my friend, this whole 8 pound batch went directly in the trash.
Something happened during the cook that made it inedible.
Ribs Fail, edible but dry