At the request of my 13 year old (he turns 13 tomorrow) I am going to smoke my first Pork Butt.
I have tried to read and go through everyone's threads related to Pulled Pork and Pork Butt smokes, given that I am trying my first one Sunday can someone confirm the overall best practice? Here is a rough attempt;
1. 8-10 lb Pork Butt (bone or no bone)
2. Apply some Yellow mustard and dry rub of choice.
3. Cook time varies......seems popular time is 1-1.5 hours per lb.
4. Spray\Mop some something every couple hours (Apple juice from a spray bottle or ??????)
5. Once Meat temp is 180 pull it out and wrap in Foil til ??
6. Take out and let sit for 15-20 mins and shred.
Again, this is rough process. Other things I have seen;
- Inject before hand with homemade stuff
- dry rub\prep night before and let sit overnight
I have an MES30 electric smoker (with the digital display on top in back).
Thank you everyone!!