or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Jalapeno & Cheese SS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jalapeno & Cheese SS

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

Mixed up a 5lb batch to take to Paducah this month.

 

 

 

 

 

And a shorty

 

 

 

post #2 of 18

Nepas, there's a special spot in Heaven for you, and it'll be right beside the sausage making equipment!

 

You are turning out some great stuff lately! Well, as usual!

post #3 of 18

Looking good so far!!

 

DS

post #4 of 18

Nice job so far Rick!

 

Al

post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 

Thanks y'all

post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 

Thanks y'all

 

Getting closer.

 

post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 

These chubs are cooling now.

 

Whew long day. Into the brown bag, fridge and start the 7 pepper sticks tomorrow.

 

post #8 of 18
Wow. You been on fire.

Where you keeping all this fine work?
post #9 of 18

N, Looks good as always !

post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 

Not happy with a couple of the chubs where the casing stuck to the meat on the ends. Oh well taste is there so its vac seal time.

 

 

 

 

post #11 of 18

Looks good from here!! POINTS 

Nice Job 

 

DS
 

post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 

Thanks y'all

 

Had to cut 1/2" off the end of 2 chubs, sometimes this happens to us.

post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepas View Post
 

Thanks y'all

 

Had to cut 1/2" off the end of 2 chubs, sometimes this happens to us.

I call those cook snacks!

 

Overall, it was a great job!  Many of us have had to sacrifice full chubs due to issues.

 

Looking forward to your next meat items!

post #14 of 18
So how did you know the casings were stuck to the sausage until you cut into them? Hmm?
Beautiful sausage! As usual.
Sounds like this Paducah trip is going to be a bunch of guys sitting around eating sausage...
sausage.gif
post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyMose View Post

So how did you know the casings were stuck to the sausage until you cut into them? Hmm?
Beautiful sausage! As usual.
Sounds like this Paducah trip is going to be a bunch of guys sitting around eating sausage...
sausage.gif

Oh grasshopper is wise.

This is a non sanction bbq event in the city of Paducah, KY open to everyone. My friend grew up and still lives there. About 30 of us from all over gather there every Sept 21 thru the weekend. We have the whole sidewalk reserved for us at the corner of the happenings and we just sit people watch and eat-n-drink. This is our 5th year.
post #16 of 18
One fine bunch O chubs! biggrin.gif
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepas View Post

Oh grasshopper is wise.

This is a non sanction bbq event in the city of Paducah, KY open to everyone. My friend grew up and still lives there. About 30 of us from all over gather there every Sept 21 thru the weekend. We have the whole sidewalk reserved for us at the corner of the happenings and we just sit people watch and eat-n-drink. This is our 5th year.
Man that looks like fun and I'm only about 3 1/2 hrs away, but my luck holds true & I have to work all those days 😒
Maybe next year. Three years to retirement & it won't be an issue....
post #18 of 18

Great looking product!

 

Disco

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Sausage › Jalapeno & Cheese SS