Well SMF. its been a long time . Its labor day weekend and I'm smoking meats. so I'm posting my build for you to enjoy.
I had life take over for a while and I had to sell my smokers and move around alot. work and life took over. but after doing much soul searching and compromising life changing decisions. I have settled down again in Alaska and built my own smoker after being unable to CL any smokers up here.. there seems to be a lack of interest in smoked BBQ... loads of cold smokers lil'chief, big chief ETC because for the most part smokers are used to preserve fish thats it. and the lack of orchards make fruit wood worth a pretty penny. anyway..
This is not going to be a long drawn out step by step build that has a real to the process time line for months and months.
I already did that.
So here it is in ONE hit.
One wonderous build thread.
With out further adeau.
I Give you THE --> HONEYWELL <---
Thats the finished product . 244 square inched of smoker space on top of a waterbath Reverse flow chamber. this is how it started..
The red tank was not used.. the grey tank is a 65 gallon 48x20 and was discarded in a salvage yard in Palmer AK. I paid 20$ for the above. I brought them home and cleaned them up.
Cleaning and Thinking..After running the excellent RF Calculator on this build I found the Little red tank lacking in Volume I need to use the whole thing it seemed a bit outlandish and out of proportion so I continued to search the yards for a better fit. Althought I dont have a picture of the one that I used in its raw state it made for a more asthetically pleasing match.
Firebox (another compressor tank) and the Cook Chamber more cuts and welding ahead.
Making the Firebox flat on one side made cutting the joining holes a little easier.. but no more stressful. I did use the Circle tool listed in the RF build Calc thread.. After a few coffees and interpretation I was able to cobble this together.
I cut it off with a wheel and patience. that was a good day.
After a few trial runs with the fit up between the CC and the FB I was able to weld it in place.
more in the next post.