Hi All. Briefly, I haven't used my Masterbuilt Electric smoker in a few years. I am going to make a smoked pork butt for Thanksgiving so I had a few questions. A lot of questions actually.
I have Jeff's tubular pellet holder (can't remember the name, but it lights at both ends).
1) Should I brine my pork butt first? If so, what do you recommend?
2) What flavor of pellets should I use?
3) How long to do you think an 8-lb pork butt will take?
4) What temp should I set my smoker to?
5) What is the maximum internal temperature I should look for?
6) How many times should I refill my pellet holder?
7 What's the best way to s store the smoked pork in the refrigerator (since I will be doing it the day before), and the best way to reheat it in order to maintain it's moisture.
Thank you soooo much, in advance, for all your help. I know those are a lot of questions, but I think I will be using the smoker more in the future so I need to get my sea-legs.