WAY back at the amazing smokers weekend, @KC5TPY very kindly donated a dead slicer to me, so I could have a play with it.
(Been busy with work, so not got round to posting the results, till now)
At the time we had a 12 day cure of back bacon going (with @Wade's quality cure) so I decided to try and get it running ASAP.
In order to work out the problem, I decided to take everything apart, note the part numbers and test them.
All came apart and went in the dishwasher, while I cleaned up all the electric connections
(Not) what the dining table was designed for!
Went back together and after extensive cleaning, it only bloomin' worked!!!!
Enter the bacon...
Seemed to work OK but the motor wasn't exactly making 'happy' sounds and I am sure it just wasn't moving fast enough.
The BAD news is .... it got to here and packed in again.
Spent another DAY taking it apart and fixing it up but I think that it has just decided it has had enough :(
The rest was sliced VERY well by Tamsin, so she will now be 'chief' bacon slicer from now on.
(Yes, I made that joke in my head too!)
MOUNTAIN of bacon!
So, huge thanks to Danny for the donation. Just a shame after 2 days working on it, it only lasted for 20 mins. :(
Edited by slimjimUK - 9/1/16 at 7:17am