or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Preserving Food › Curing › Pancetta
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pancetta - Page 2

post #21 of 27
Thanks Dave, I will read that. I thought I would have to build a curing chamber to do anything with cure #2 in order to control humidity and higher temps so I have just been reading and trying to learn so far. much obliged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOmak View Post

You can use cure #2...   Use the same amount of cure #2 that you would use if using  cure #1....   Put the meat in the refer for a couple weeks while the cure #1 does it's thing, then hang in a 50 ish degrees area with about 75-80 % humidity and a very gentle breeze while it furthers drying...

Below is a pancetta thread by Evan Brady...

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/187288/pancetta-mania-out-from-the-chamber-pancetta-steccata-and-pancetta-arrotolata#post_1354756
post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike W View Post

Thanks Dave, I will read that. I thought I would have to build a curing chamber to do anything with cure #2 in order to control humidity and higher temps so I have just been reading and trying to learn so far. much obliged.

Hi Mike, have a look at this link, http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/239086/salami-curing-chamber

Project headed by Wade at the begining of the year.
post #23 of 27

I wish I could find the thread...  A member awhile back, said the controller below worked very well in the chamber he/she built..  makes some great grub...  If this is your controller, let us know how it's still doing..  

 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0019IHK9Q/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=37309901GJVQE&coliid=I2VCRTR1SPIPRU

 

Here's a cool mister....

 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PAK21WU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=37309901GJVQE&coliid=I1N84RTAO43M8Y&psc=1

 

 

Here's a step by step from fuzzy....

 

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/135332/i-did-it-i-built-my-curing-chamber-massive-amounts-of-build-view

post #24 of 27
Thanks @Smokin Monkey and @DaveOmak I've got those threads bookmarked now. I apologize to @jnyswlhngmeat for hijacking your thread. Your pancetta and prosciutto pics are inspiring!
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike W View Post

I apologize to @jnyswlhngmeat for hijacking your thread. Your pancetta and prosciutto pics are inspiring!

Yes, sorry for the hijack, it has inspired me know to actually build me of the cabinets and controller that we worked on at the begining of the year.

Pics look amazing!
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOmak View Post
 

I wish I could find the thread...  A member awhile back, said the controller below worked very well in the chamber he/she built..  makes some great grub...  If this is your controller, let us know how it's still doing..  

 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0019IHK9Q/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=37309901GJVQE&coliid=I2VCRTR1SPIPRU

 

Here's a cool mister....

 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PAK21WU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=37309901GJVQE&coliid=I1N84RTAO43M8Y&psc=1

 

 

Here's a step by step from fuzzy....

 

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/135332/i-did-it-i-built-my-curing-chamber-massive-amounts-of-build-view


Yeah, still using the controller, no problems.

post #27 of 27

CDN offroader.......    Thanks for updating us on your controller......

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Curing
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Preserving Food › Curing › Pancetta