So here is the original tank that i opened with a sawzall
The inside still had oil so i was able to dispose of it by solidifying it with wood chips and sand
Next to remove the oil i cleaned out with Dawn, figures it saves penguins
During a yard cleanup i was able to find a smoker that someone was disposing of, after removing the racks i figured it would make a perfect fire box
Legs were tricky so i used the original footing holes and created a harness with cast iron piping
Attached the doir and noticed a gap. I used the chain to pull the front of the tank back and insulated the doors with fiberglass tape.
It isn't the prettiest girl at the dance but overall cost to me was under $300.00. The pig i did for my party was 133# dressed and cooked for 16 hours. For heat i used covered tin chaffing pans with charcoal. I liked having the ability to shift the heat during cooking so that the whole pig woukd finish at the same time
In the future I'm going to weld some cross joints to have the ability to slide the hog out easier. Today i made a brisket and it was awesome, I'm looking forward to doing some bluefish later in the week