A family heirloom of sorts has recently been given to me. For years the machine made kielbasa from a family recipe that's been passed down through the generations. Now it's my turn :-).
From the pictures you'll see that it's an Enterprise sausage machine, but, I don't have much more information to go off of.
- The machine is around 100 years old.
- Everything is functioning as expected with the unit. Everything turns, etc.
- It appears as though it's model number Enterprise 2070.
- What's the best approach to restoring this beast? It appears as though there's paint on much of the unit and I feel as though this should be stripped off.
- What kind of lubricating fluid can be used being that it's a food grade appliance?
- It seems as though I may be missing additional parts (but unsure). I have the plate for the bottom on the screw and the casing nozzle (and locknut). However, pictures from this ebay link show a few more parts (http://goo.gl/twhbDp)
Any help here would be appreciated.