or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Beating out the Storm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beating out the Storm

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
At the last minute this morning I decided to do a quick smoke.
We had serve thunderstorms & downpours forecast for the area around noon.
I went down to the grocery store and got a couple packs of thighs.
No brining I just put rub on them and put them on the smoker @ 325.
The thighs took about an hour to get done...IT 180

photo image_26.jpeg

The weather forecast for the end of the week is 97 which will hamper my smoking.
So it was good to get this smoke in.

Anybody else getting hampered by this warm weather?

Btw just picked up a quick 1/2" of rain.
post #2 of 10

hc they say that every day now LOL my lawn would be parched if I listened to them.Them birdy parts look great

Richie

post #3 of 10

Nice job on the thighs!

 

I almost never smoke stuff in the summer, because of the heat down here.

 

However this summer I have been smoking up a storm with my new Lang!

 

Heat index at 110 & I'm outside stoking a fire.  :hit:

 

Al

post #4 of 10

Your chicken thighs look great! I don't let the heat keep me from smoking, that's what my Maverick is for! I can monitor temps from inside and just periodically go out and check on things(mostly because I just love the smell of the smoke!). Happy smokin', David.

post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post

hc they say that every day now LOL my lawn would be parched if I listened to them.Them birdy parts look great
Richie

Thank you Richie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAl View Post

Nice job on the thighs!

I almost never smoke stuff in the summer, because of the heat down here.

However this summer I have been smoking up a storm with my new Lang!

Heat index at 110 & I'm outside stoking a fire.  hit.gif

Al
Gee Al at them temps you almost wouldn't have to start a fire. biggrin.gif
Glad your enjoying that new smoker! They are a lot of fun.
post #6 of 10

Them sure look good from here,,, Possibly 99 here this weekend and I will be smoking,,,, Won't stop us,, If I believed in taking a generator with me camping,, my smoker would be going with me LOL 

 

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

 

DS
 

post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by driedstick View Post

Them sure look good from here,,, Possibly 99 here this weekend and I will be smoking,,,, Won't stop us,, If I believed in taking a generator with me camping,, my smoker would be going with me LOL 

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS

 

DS thanks
I'll probably wait till it cools a little. Them 99 days I would sooner raid the freezer, I have some Q vacuum sealed for rainy & hot days.



Sota D thanks! I have a good sized offset so it needs a little more hands on.
post #8 of 10
Tasty looking chicken. Its been hot here to, its starting to get to me.
post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post

Tasty looking chicken. Its been hot here to, its starting to get to me.
Thank you Adam!
I ready for cooler weather myself.
post #10 of 10

Great looking thighs!!! Yes, I use the maverick and sit inside when it's too hot!!

Love that modern technology!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Poultry
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Beating out the Storm